Apttus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Engineering Manager/Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apttus (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The process was standard. Recruiter interview followed by SVP phone round. After that Sr. Director tech screening. Called for panel interview round, design challenge questions, problem solving questions and algorithms were major questions in the panel interview round.
    After the panel round, there were three separate phone screens with three technology division SVP's.
    Once these rounds were cleared, Hiring manager had a brief discussion about the team structure and job duties to see the compatibilities.

Once all these rounds were successfully completed, received a verbal offer. The process took about a month.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apttus (San Mateo, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consists of 5 rounds of half hr to one hr interview with people from different levels of the organization. Interviewers were fairly flexible for timings and coordination between HR and interviewers was transparent.

Interview Questions

• How much contribution does a Business Analyst have in any given project?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apttus (San Mateo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

had one writing exam in the morning, then 4 rounds onsite interview in the afternoon.
    Writing exam is about programming basics, mainly focusing on JavaScript. Group of people are taking the exam together. After the exam, people are waiting in a conference room for the exam result whiling doing some self introduction to company staff. If the exam result it positive, then people are called out for the 1:1 interviews in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Apttus.

Interview

I thought I had a pretty straight forward process. I initially applied online, which led to my screening with HR. We talked about my experiences, skill set and saw if I suited the company's culture based on my personality. After completing the screening, I had to do two online tests. They were logic and personality tests. I would compare the personality test to be similar to doing a Myer Briggs test and the logic portion was similar to prepping for the SAT.

After completing the two tests, I had two rounds of phone interviews. First round was working on algorithmic problems, second round was to test the depth of my knowledge in Java, SQL and JavaScript. The interviewers were software engineers from the team. The first round seemed to be the younger engineers while the second round were the senior engineers. The phone interviews were 1 on 1 for 30 minutes each. One day would be two interviews.

The final round of interview was onsite where I had one last test and interviewing with the hiring manager. This was a written coding exam on Java, SQL and JavaScript. I would say this reminds me of doing a school exam. The hiring manager asked me a few questions about optimizing questions and wanted to go over a few additional items to see my career goals and what I knew about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apttus (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a call from the recruiter who then sent me a link to an online test with a lot of behavioral questions. An aptitude test. Then 10 days later they tell me that they wanted to schedule an onsite interview. They told me that the interview would be 3 hours long and would contain recursion and object oriented programming based questions.
    The interview actually took 5 hours and they covered a lot more than the mentioned concepts. It started off with a written test that I am pretty sure I aced. The first interview was 2:1 but after that all the next ones were 1:1. Altogether, I was interviewed by 7 people one after the other. I think I did well that day even though I might have made a few mistakes in the last one.
    The HR who set up the interview was unavailable after the first introductions. From then on the interviewers came in one after the other. Right before the last two interviews I was made to sit idle for nearly 40 minutes once because the scheduled interviewer was unavailable.
    The HR had already gone home. And the other HR didn't know my interview schedule and almost walked me out before every one was done. In the end, somebody came in and interviewed me without any introductions. (I am not even sure he was on schedule!) After asking a few questions he walked me out at 7 PM with the whole floor almost empty!
    20 days later they email me saying that I wasn't selected and they were moving ahead with another candidate.
    Talk about lousy communications!

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apttus in August 2014.

Interview

Write some questions for some simple algorithms and Front end development problems(css, sql). Then, meet with employees in the meeting room, wait for then next step. You have 45 mins to finish all the questions. To take interview, you have to dress in the suit, no any causal dressing are accepted.

Interview Questions

• Have to know css and javaScript, but I am Java developer   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Apttus in July 2014.

Interview

After a quick introductory phone screening, I was asked to have an onsite interview a week later. I interviewed with three people. They all asked about my past projects and gave me programming problems to work on.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all standard. There was no difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apttus in October 2015.

Interview

Initially called to setup a phone interview. It was a phone interview by HR. Later the next round was technical round with two people. First person asked about resume and then asked to design the chess game, lasted about 45 min. Then the second person called up and asked all the basic java interview questions, later the tough part like do some coding exercise. Lasted for more than 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Asked all basic java interview questions on collections, synchronization, maps, hash table.   Answer Question
    • Coding exercise to write code for reversal of a single linked list   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apttus (San Mateo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

3 Phone Interviews and an in person interview at headquarters in San Mateo. I was called one time for a personality interview with recruiter, then I had 2 30 minute interviews for technical questions. Then I went to campus and had 2 more 30 minute interveiws.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apttus (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter, which lead to a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. After that it was an onsite interview with four rounds.

Interview Questions

• implement a dictionary, find all possible moves for a knight to move on a chess board given a starting point, scaling questions   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apttus.

Interview

A recruiter screen, two 30 minute technical interviews, followed by a chat with the hiring manager, all over the phone. Finally an aptitude test done online. Technical interviews weren't too difficult, but also not too in depth considering they were only one hour total.

Recruitment wasn't very organized. I received an offer in mid February after completing the last step in late November, with little communication in the meantime.

They gave me about 7-10 days to accept the offer, and were very insistent on that deadline--I feel that they shouldn't rush their candidates so much.

Interview Questions

• Standard technical questions + behavioral from hiring manage: "Tell about yourself"   Answer Question

Received a more competitive offer, company was unresponsive as the deadline approached