Aqua-Tots Swim Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools

2.3

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, everyone was friendly and nice. I received a follow up phone call the next evening and over all was really impressed with the process. Everyone was dressed casual mainly in polo's and jeans.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools (Novi, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

Unfortunately I was not aware that I was expected to stay for an hour after the initial Q&A of the interview, so that was a surprise. They then forgot I was there, and it turned into an hour and a half of shadowing.

Interview Questions

• Can you take a crying child away from their parents in order to get them into class?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools (Novi, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

At the location I interviewed with, they took me into the office where I sat in a red bucket chair and politely chatted with the location manager for a few minutes. She was very polite and looking to get new hires in quickly because the school was new.

Interview Questions

• They ask you a lot of "think outside the box" questions. My favorite was when they asked how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools (Cary, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I dropped off my application and the owner happened to be around. He asked to interview me on the spot. I was nervous as I hadn't prepared for an interview but he was very kind and nice and made it easy to relax and talk.

WSI Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview with Hiring Manager, corporate mandated interviewing process written and published by the corporate offices in Arizona. Asks about a teaching heart, swim test is becoming part of the interview process. At end of working there, interview process began to include days watching classes and participating in the water to make sure the job is right for you.

Water Safety Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a phone call from the assistant manager the next day. She asked me some general interview questions then told me she was going to talk to the other manager and if they were interested they would call me back for an in-person interview. They called me the same day to invite me for the in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the General Manager and Assistant Manager and they told me some background information about the company and what working there was like. They proceeded to ask some job specific questions. The interview took about half an hour to complete. The next day I received a phone call from the Assistant Manager to begin training.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools.

Interview

15 minute phone screen, then an onsite interview with the general manager. Onsite interview lasted about 20 minutes and asked basic behavioral questions to get to know you. If you passed the interview, you got in the water and viewed a class to see your fit with kids.

Swim Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview, in-water interview, group interview, background experience, previous places worked, was asked to spend 10 hours in the water co-coaching to get first hand experience of what the job would be like.

Swim Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools (Plano, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called in to talk to the manager of the particular store I ended up getting hired on to work at. Due to my past experience as a lifeguard and also having a love for swimming, I talked a lot about that. I applied online and the next day got a call to set up an interview and then I went to the interview and was hired on the spot right after the interview. Then it took a bit to go through the background checks and get all the paper work.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to work with kids?   1 Answer

Swim Instructor Interview

Interview

Asked about previous swim experience. Want instructors that know how to swim all four strokes. Also want to know previous experience of working with children. Job will consist of doing classes with mostly kids between the ages of 3 and 12.