Aramark Assistant Food Service Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Morehead, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Morehead, KY).

Interview

I applied on line threw their website they called 2 weeks later for an Interview on site. after that 1 on 1 interview, then 2 days later I had to interview with the HR director on the phone. later that week I was offered the job and I did negotiate with them on my salary.

Interview Questions

• Can you wear many hats? Do different jobs   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aramark

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Pitts, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy. It was pretty straight forward and the recruiter was very outgoing and talked to me as if it was more of a conversation, which made it easier. He did walk through my resume and ask me general interviewing questions.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. There was a realistic job-preview, panel interviews, phone interviews, and a very thoughtful matriculation process. I had a ic job preview. phone screen, a panbel interview with my direct supervisor and senior supervisor, a one on one with the operations director, and a relaist

Assistant Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Aramark in November 2013.

Interview

One telephone interview. and One face to face interview. I actually had several telephone interviews before they took me seriously. I was not going to give up until I got the position I wanted. A couple of times they told me I was not qualified for the position but could come in at a lower position and work my way up. I knew I was qualified for the position and I would never accept the lower position when they made an offer for it.

Negotiation

The offered a range.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

A recruiter who viewed my LinkedIn profile called me- I never formally applied. Met the regional manager at a local restaurant for about 20 minutes. He called me with th offer later in the week. Seemed very informal.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my business and leadership skills. Did not ask me anything about food service, regulations, menus, etc. I was concerned that The interviewer was asking me questions about the laws and regulations. Their lack of knowledge in the field should have been a red flag.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Central City, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aramark (Central City, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

Brought to the prison to spend a day seeing how things were done and then went into the director's office to do a formal interview. Lots of questions asked due to me being a female in an all male prison. questions about my background and what I had done in the past and why I thought I would be a good fit for the Assistant Director's role. Gave me a break down of the things that an Assistant Director would be responsible for. We talked about the fact that it can be scary to work in this type of environment and the pro's and con's of working in the prison.

Interview Questions

• are you ready to work in a prison? Will working with inmates scare you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Had to go through a lengthy process with recruiters via telephone. Once I got to my immediate manager the interview was very relaxed. The recruiters told me the job paid higher than what the manager eventually offered and while I was able to negotiate, I still never got the original offered salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Wichita, KS) in July 2009.

Interview

There was an initial interview with a corporate hiring manager/recruiter in which they tried to size up skills, experience, desired salary, and what I was looking for in a job. They actually did a pretty good job and then passed my resume along to the site manager who would actually do the hiring. We did an initial interview, then a follow up in which i was asked questions that were supplied by corporate HR. The manager said that there were about 40 pages of questions in different categories and he simply chose ones that were relevant and meaningful to him. After that, we did a face to face interview and then there was the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult employees?   1 Answer

Assistant Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Aramark in September 2009.

Interview

First interview, site visit, second interview, offer

Assistant Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aramark in June 2008.

Interview

three interviews; drug test, account tour

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you had to work cohesively with a team   1 Answer

Negotiation

very negotiable