Aramark Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aramark Cook Interview Questions

1.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

i initially had a phone interview that went great, Then i went in the following week for a second interview and i was hired on the spot. I started a week later. The interview was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aramark

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aramark (Des Moines, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was called by food service supervisor. Sat in employee dining room with chef and food service supervisor. We talked about their situation and how their employees were not living up to expectations, and were leaving. We talked about my experience, and that I was overqualified. I needed the job, so I continued with interview. I was told everyone starts part time, and then as full time positions opened up they would fill them with people they felt deserved the hours.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous experience...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it. Was told it was negotiable after I started.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

First, I applied online and then was called about two weeks later by the hiring manager for the spot on ASU's Campus. Once I interviewed, I was offered the job and then about two weeks later I began working full time. There was a full-length background check, a drug test, and a Wonderlic test that I took prior to/during my interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a time in which you had to deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moran, WY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aramark (Moran, WY) in October 2015.

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview. They just call and ask your experience and what you wanna do when you get there. Just fill out your paperwork and wait for an email.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by the Assistant Food Director, was then asked to come in to the cafeteria and asked a series of scenario questions, they offered another position based on my experience which was supervisor. Got an offer two days later, the next week i was called in for completing remaining paper work, next day had to do drug test, week or so later background was completed. When background check was done i was called in by HR to do a seminar and started work that week.

Interview Questions

• What is the FIFO system? (We use this system all the time and is important)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aramark (Elizabeth, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager which I met with was very kind and patient. Al-thought he did not give much in-site on the company expectations of me and the role I would have in the facility until I asked. I basically took over the interview at the point of Q&A. He asked several valid questions that did apply to the job title such as, why did I choose that particular place to work.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aramark.

Interview

very professional interview process. I felt very comfortable being questioned by a very friendly chef named Shawn. He never talked down to me or made me feel stupid. (even when I answered wrong) he simply said well, how about this answer...

Interview Questions

• a lot of measurement questions. for example how many quarts in a gallon etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

with no educational background I started at minimum wage. but it wasn't long before I was promoted and my salary was increased significantly.

Anonymous Employee in Denali Park, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aramark (Denali Park, AK) in May 2014.

Interview

Aramark is unethical in their job interviewing. They are so unorganized that they allow prospective employees to fly all the way to Alaska only to be told that they don't have a job due to their background check. They should tell these employees BEFORE they fly there that they weren't accepted for employment.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aramark (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I went in ask for the chef they ask me a couple questions such as my experience
    in the food business I told them 30.years. So they set me up with a package this a like a food tasting to see what kind of scales you have far food processing So I prepared the meal. The chefs came out to taste it. And they approved of it so we went back to the office and the ask me when can I start so I said soon as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aramark (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

After filling out an application it took over two months for a call. After receiving the job I immediately offered the job, I was just told to come and they gave me an overview of the job and ask me if I could handle it and I said yes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiating is definitely open, but my starting pay was actually higher than I thought so I was satisfied.