Aramark District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aramark (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

20 minute phone interview completed and a few days later an in-person
interview with 3 hiring managers was completed...lasted about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Pretty much standard stuff, lots of time to talk about past work experiences and how
they might apply to this position..very relaxed and good process overall.

Interview Questions

• Explain how in a past job experience cultural differences came into play and how
    you overcame them and how they would apply to this position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aramark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aramark (Novato, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I have only gone through the preliminary process, although the individual I spoke with was very pleasant and has referred me to the hiring manager. On the other hand, the hiring manager still has not called as promised, so I guess I will give this review one more day to finalize.

Interview Questions

• Would I accept a lower job than the one we were talking about.   2 Answers

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aramark in July 2012.

Interview

This was by far the most laid back down to earth interview I had every experienced.

Interview Questions

• Know the company and what they do. If you are applying at Uniform Services, KNOW the uniform service side.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Brief. No structure. Bounced around between numerous managers for various unstructured questions. They then grouped up and decided whether or not to hire me. All in all very easy, but juvenile.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aramark (Des Moines, IA) in September 2008.

Interview

I put in an application & resume. I received a call-back from the branch manager asking if I would like to do a ride-along with a driver to see what the job was like. I did the ride along for a day. When I got back they asked if I was still interested, and I told them I was. They had me fill out a background check, and take a drug test. They told me they would be in touch. I got a call back a week later, and was asked to come in for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Aramark (Sylmar, CA) in January 2007.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth nice and informative recruiter. Next you interview with the Assistant General Manager, the General Manager or both. The last step is to interview with the RVP. A ride along is also part of the process but can come at any point of the process. The people are okay some are nice and some hate being at work and share that negativity. The processes are very redundant and the upper management is subpar. I wouldn't take the job not worth it for the pay and upward mobility is stagnant to say the least. Good luck and I hope you enjoy conference calls and having sales contest where you offer the same products to the same customers 2-3 times a year.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be hands on and pick up dirty clothes if someone calls in sick?   1 Answer
    • Job responsilities from previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations set base plus bonus. I wouldn't take it not worth headache.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aramark (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Long process. This took months of going back and forth. They couldnt not keep a set interview date. I even showed up on a scheduled date and they were not available so I had to some back. Should of saw how un organized the company was

Interview Questions

• Can you sell. Sell me something. If you know something that is wrong do you tell your manager or just ignore it since it does not pertain to you. Good you ignore it!! Everything stays in house. No need to spill the dirty laundry to everyone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty simple. They gave me an offer letter, i tried asking for a bit more they said they couldn't do more. A female was hired a few months later with less experience then me and was offered almost 10k more. What does that tell you.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aramark.

Interview

1 phone screen (Very easy, just ensuring what is on your resume is accurate.)
    1 in-person interview (An hour, very easy and laid back. Bring resume and dress professional, though it is not needed once you are hired.)
    1 call from current GM (Also easy just to introduce themselves and make sure you're a passionate person around customer service. I found out this is because it's all you'll be doing since the product is subpar and the price customers pay is too high.)

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your last position and how would it benefit you in this role?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a customer was upset and how did you get it resolved.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Aramark in October 2007.

Interview

The company recruiter reached out to me within 1 day of my online application. He was very professional and extremely knowledageable about the job (he had been a District Manager prior to being a recruiter). He made the decision at the end of the interview to set me up for a 1 one 1 with the local managers the next day, and then 2 days later, I was in front of the Regional Manager. All in all, the process from the application to the job offer was quick and painless!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with with an upset customer. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aramark in October 2009.

Interview

Company uses targeted selection and behavioral based questions. Their goal is to determine if the applicant has the ability to meet and exceed the required core competencies. If you succeed in impressing the gate keeper you are then passed on to the functional manager for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have found yourself in during your professional career? How did you respond? What was the end result?   Answer Question