Aramark Food Service Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aramark Food Service Director Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aramark (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process. 2 phone interviews with 1st line supervisor and HR director. Situational question and basic leadership questions. The whole process lasted several weeks before an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aramark

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aramark (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round with HR over phone.
    2nd round with DM over phone
    3rd round with panel at one of their other locations.
    4th round with client at the location.
    Offer extended
    gave a week to decide and get back.

Tough for negotiations. Did not budge at all

Interview Questions

• why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aramark.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR to review resume, experience, and expectations. Next, emailed by the district manager to meet up the following week. Did not get back to me with a time and location until the day of the interview and I had to determine the place. Interview was very relaxed. Discussed the position details and what the client was looking for, my experience, and why I was interested in the position. Received very positive feedback about my specific qualities that made me a great candidate. Received a call and email a couple weeks later for second interview to meet with the client. Met the district manager and person in the position prior to the interview and discussed key points to mention. Interviewed with district manager, another employee that would work closely with, and 2 employees from the client. Was asked to review my experience and some specific questions regarding the position. Following the interview, met informally with the Aramark employees and discussed working conditions, people I'd be working with, and more specific details of the job. Again, received very positive feedback and basically felt like I was getting the position. Told I would hear next week, pushed back to the following week. Emailed by HR and told that they offered someone else the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history.
      Why are you interested in the position?
      How many people have you managed/supervised?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for position. Got a call to meet face to face. Directions were not clear so I arrived late after going to wrong building. DM was understanding and interview went well but I did not think I would get an offer. I found at later that DM was just happy that anyone was willing to take the position.. it was that bad there.

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aramark.

Interview

It was too long ago to remember. I met the guy offsite at a coffee shop. We had conversation about how tough the environment is. Overall liked the interview process. The Interview as very Professional.

Negotiation

negotiated salary a bit

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aramark (Detroit, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Very short, over the phone interview. I was asked about the experience that I had in food service, how was with managing multiple accounts, how many people have I managed. Am I better with working with a team or alone. All basic questions that have to do with management. What would I do in a certain scenario

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aramark (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about two hours in total, I was too meet the entire team and have separate conversations with all to ensure I meshed well with them. From the controller to the AFSD i had about a 20 minute talk. After a sit down there was an additional 7-9 days of waiting for background checks to clear.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would do in a union environment coming from a restaurant background?   1 Answer

Food Service Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aramark in January 2014.

Interview

Had a phone screening then an on site interview with the gm another phone screening and then an interview with the dm. And finally another phone interview with hr. Whole process took about a month.
    Both interviews were relaxed and pretty standard questions were asked. They both stressed the atmosphere and nature of the job and asked more than once if I was sure I would be able to handle the job.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions based on prior job experience. Second interview was more informal and we just talked about situations and how to over come them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the interview they asked what I was looking for I told them and that's what they offered

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aramark (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

easy nothing to tricky. they do use the "you worked with someone that you did not like, how did you deal with it?" open end questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I bid to low and they gave me a raise

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

2 Interviews, 1st by phone, second in person with a phone call follow up. followed by a client meeting to assume roll with DM, predecessor, exec chef and clients all present.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • how do you calculate food cost?   1 Answer