Aramark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.3

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aramark (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Recruiter Kevin Bagosy was terrible in following up. Lacking professionalism.
    No response to emails or phone calls. No notification about interview results.
    Other applicants had similar negative experiences. Most awful, unprofessional experience.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aramark (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I randomly applied online to the A2L program in October 2016. A few days later I got an email saying that I was invited to do a a video interview where I recorded my responses to 6 or so basic HR questions. A week after that I got an email saying that I was "eligible to join Aramark's A2L program." I got this email in late October 2016, and hadn't heard from them at all for the following few months. I began to get worried and contacted the Campus Recruiting team twice with no response. Finally, in late February 2017 after literally no contact, I got a call from a Recruiting Partner saying they had found a placement for me and were emailing me my official offer.

Moral of the story: Patience, people! If you want this, be fairly aggressive -- reach out to see where you're at in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this program?   4 Answers

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aramark (Des Moines, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was called by food service supervisor. Sat in employee dining room with chef and food service supervisor. We talked about their situation and how their employees were not living up to expectations, and were leaving. We talked about my experience, and that I was overqualified. I needed the job, so I continued with interview. I was told everyone starts part time, and then as full time positions opened up they would fill them with people they felt deserved the hours.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous experience...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it. Was told it was negotiable after I started.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aramark (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus through a career fair and was scheduled for an on-site interview the next day. The interview was not too difficult, just your average questions. I was accepted into the program and asked to give my geographic preferences. Now I am just waiting for placement/official offer. Does anyone know how long this can take?

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths/weaknesses

what appeals to you about the career track you are interested in?   22 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aramark in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position online on Thursday, 9/22/2016. On Monday 10/03, like a week and a half later, they asked me to do the online interview. They use a software that allows the applicant to record themselves answering the questions. The kicker is, you only have two chances to give the perfect answer.

Literally 4 days later, I got an email saying that I was eligible for the program! In the email, they asked me to complete a preference survey stating where I would like to be relocated to. I was open to travel anywhere in the U.S.

A month later, in November, I got an email stating that the identification timeline has been delayed and that I should hear something throughout the holiday. I'm currently still waiting eagerly, as my start date is February 20th.

Interview Questions

• What would your boss say is your greatest strength and weakness?   1 Answer
    • When was a time that you had to get people to follow you and your ideas?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aramark (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy, very resourceful and very very detailed about everything included in the job offering. No questions were left because everything was laid out in front of you. The training is amazing that they offer. There is no throw you to the wolves cold calling experience.

A2L Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed virtually online and received an acceptance letter within a month. Interview questions were relatively easy if you have experience working on a team/under pressure. Overall a great experience! I received numerous email updates about the status of my application. Very helpful, communicative recruiters who were willing to answer all of my questions. I ultimately decided not to take the position because it did not meet my career goals, but the process itself was organized and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work on a team (outside of the classroom) to reach a decision.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aramark (Wilmington, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

relaxed, easy going. simple process talking with the dept. manager. basic questions asked, overview of job and company given. was shown around the warehouse and we went thru what a typical day would be like. the manager showed me how the orders are filled, and showed me one of them to give me an idea on how they are printed out. we walked around a bit, was shown some of the merchandise they deal with. all in all it was a very accurate description of their day to day operation.

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current company   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moran, WY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aramark (Moran, WY) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy and not a lot of red tape. Spoke with Human Resources representative first then they referred me to the appropriate hiring manager. Within a couple of days received a call explaining the position, work schedule, pay rate, etc.

Interview Questions

• Being from the south they asked if I would be able to handle extremely cold weather conditions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aramark (Greensboro, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Aramark's Accelerate to Leadership program online on October 25, 2016. I received an email shortly after, maybe a week later, saying that my application had been received and that I was invited to complete a virtual interview and a questionnaire asking me my top three geographic locations. A couple of weeks later I received another email stating that I was "eligible" for placement within the A2L program based on my interview responses and given a new link to update my three top preferences (locations). While waiting to be placed (about 4 months) Aramark provided about five updates regrading my status within the program. Aramark spoke about having a generous number of applicants, which led to delayed placement times for everyone. Aramark even contacted me to inform me that all of the February 2017 A2L's had been placed, which was nice to know. In late February I received an email and voicemail from a talent acquisition manager stating that Aramark had a position for me, if I was still interested (since I had applied in October). After speaking with the recruiting manager I received an official offer letter (You will have 7 days to accept or decline your offer) which contains your salary, benefits, placement location, etc. If you accept your offer you will have 5 business days starting from the day that you received your offer to complete your drug test. I will be in the July 2017 A2L class, which is what I applied for and I can't wait to begin my career in facilities management!

Interview Questions

• 5-6 Typical behavior/situational type interview questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate. The salary seemed to be right on target for someone with my experience level. Very happy!