Aramco Services Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aramco Services Company

2.5

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

If you look good you are hired I was asked out the first day on the job and every day since. Can you type? Where do you live? Do you plan go get married? Are you pregnant? Do you have any children? Do you have a car? Do you have any health problems?

Interview Questions

• Do you have children, are you married do you have a boyfriend???   3 Answers

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company (South Houston, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

If you are a pretty woman no skills are needed.

Interview Questions

• Are you married, do you have any children, how old are you.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Nothing.

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

Did an on-site interview with the Boston research center a few years ago. The location was great, only mins walk to MIT campus. The experience was quite negative. The research manager had no idea what kind of research her team should be doing and what kind of researchers should be hired.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company.

Interview

No interview was necessary. All I had to do was fill out the paper and send it in. I think there might have been an essay question on the paper I turned in, but if there was it was just a get to know you question.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company (Boston, MA).

Interview

I interviewed for a Research Scientist position at Boston. My first interview was scheduled via Skype, which was a pleasant experience and went well. However, the entire experience was downhill afterwards. They did not send me a schedule prior to arrival onsite, therefore, I had no idea about who I was going to meet, and when was I going to present. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the Secretary/Assistant of the Hiring Manager who escorted me to a conference room for a talk. There, I met with the Hiring Manager but she seemed extremely disinterested in chatting and sounded arrogant. I felt extremely unwelcome over there. When I started presenting, the Manager constantly kept checking her phone like a teenager checking their Instagram every nanosecond. After the presentation, the Hiring Manager mentioned that her Secretary would escort me to interviews with other Scientists. With the other interviewers, I got the vibe that they were only looking for people who are somehow affiliated with MIT, regardless of what they may have worked on in graduate school. Nevertheless, the Hiring Manager met again for lunch and without asking me for a preference for cuisine, they proceeded to a nearby restaurant which was packed. During this entire time, the Hiring Manager was chatting about weird stuff. She had no intention of getting acquainted with me and my work habits, despite me trying on a number of occasions to ask her pertinent questions and initiate a conversation in that direction. Obviously, I also wanted to know their work culture. Appeared that this Hiring Manager was anointed by the Saudis for name sake; she was extremely disinterested in chatting about technical subject matter. One interviewer mentioned that their KPI is publishing papers. They repeated something that I had read on this forum in the past--the fact that Saudis do not share information with their US counterparts, all of the research underway in the States is baloney and since there are no takers for practical implementation in a manufacturing plant, the only option for those Researchers is to publish their research in scientific journals. This was a real turnoff because, while I wanted to work on research problems, I also want to witness the research being put to good use in a plant. If my intention was to publish research articles, I would rather become a Faculty member or work as a postdoc. Anyhow, right after lunch, I was asked to leave for airport and I was surprised because I had not even interviewed with statistically significant # of researchers during this entire time.
    The entire process appeared to be a waste of my time. Therefore, prior to interviewing with them, I suggest you do your homework and know what you are getting into. Would not recommend this place purely from an Interview perspective.

Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company.

Interview

Through a college visit, very straightforward with a resume and cover letter, followed by a phone interview and then an offer. Phone interview outlined previous research and experience in the field.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Experience check, knowledge review, Obviously checking to see if I was prepared to move myself and my family outside the country for an extended period of time. Actual salary presented was much less than received upon arrival at the job. These interviews have changed now as I interviewed several hundred myself in this country and others for Aramco. They now include spouse (if will accompany) in all phases. Much more technical and usually tend to be conducted by very knowledgeable staff. Cultural adaptability and demeanor of all is also a major factor. As you will be living there and interacting with many other nationalities the technical interview is probably only half of the determining factor.

Interview Questions

• Interview didn't go into great depth as to technical knowledge as interviewer didn't have significant knowledge in that area. But he did know that the 3 of us in the group he interviewed had completed the top ranked training program in the U.S. Questions that were asked tended to be to see if I had experience on the specific brands of equipment utilized in their facilities. What equipment I had experience working on and specific about our training but not to a large degree as he was aware it was the industry gold standard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and start date are negotiable.

Ir Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Great, good interview questions. Felt like they were good questions and not the general tell me positive and negative qualities about you, etc. or other more generic interview questions you see posted online.

Industrial Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

3 1:1 Interviews - most hired have an Internal connection. Interview the Interviewer - most mid-level managers are inexperienced with a traditional interview process. Go easy on them and come with a bevy of questions!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dependent on Grade Code.

Advanced Material Research Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aramco Services Company.

Interview

This was a 3 hour long interview. I was interviewed by five people, all of them ranging from department director to the newest graduates. This place was literally established a little over a year ago, so there were only around 30 people working in the entire floor of the building. Three of the people I met with asked me in depth questions about my previous research experiences and coursework. The other two asked me general questions about my process of completing school projects, methods of doing research and general probing to see how I would fit into the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Name three of your weaknesses and strengths.   1 Answer