Arbor Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

3.5

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arbor Networks (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was the most fluid process I have experienced while interviewing with startups and industry leaders. Had three interviews and everyone of em felt very natural and not so rigid.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy going and exceeded my expectations.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arbor Networks (Burlington, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview format. Recruiter followed by phone screen and then an in person interview with 4-5 people.
    The difficulty of the interview was good with questions ranging from various domains.

QA Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arbor Networks (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a friend that worked there. He suggested I try for a job there. The referral got me in the door.

The interview was very long. I spent 6 hours (plus lunch with the team) being interviewed by teams of 2 to 3 people at a time about my knowledge of QA processes and networking technology. People were friendly enough, but it was a very grueling day.

There were two positions open, and I was told I would get a call in a week or two. After two weeks I called back and they said the position was still open, I was still being considered and they would get back to me. After a month I called again and they said they still hadn't decided, even apologized for not having made a decision yet. At that point I told them to cross me off their list as it didn't seem there was a serious offer coming, and for some reason they just didn't want to turn me down.

My friend later told me they never actually hired anyone for either of the two open spots.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about networking and routing protocols. Some as simple as picking a valid IP address from a list, some as hard as diagnosing a routing issue in a described network setup.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Business Parttner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arbor Networks (Burlington, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied directly on the website and a few days later got a call from recruiter. Was invited to onsite interviews. Had 9 interviews spread out in 2 different days - had the opportunity to meet with several people from different areas of the business.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Tell me about a time... sort of questions.   Answer Question

NA Channel Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arbor Networks (Burlington, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 individuals that appeared to not understand the job I was applying for. They did not prepare themselves for the interview process and did not understand what was required by myself for the opening. They were disconnected with the industry as a whole and came off very unprofessional. If I received the "nod" I would not have taken the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you overhaul the Channel Program?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

In campus recruit. Submit resume in campus career fair. And get interview invite a week later.
    Interview hold in campus, about 1 minute introduce to their company and team. Then started to write code on paper. After that several CS basic question.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I went there to get some interviewing experience. They seem to have a very rigid, full day interviewing procedure. At most stages there are two interviewers asking questions in tandem. One odd thing was that there was no interviewer of international background, which I found quite odd for a tech company located in Massachusetts.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2:1 on campus interview

Network Device QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michigan Ctr, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arbor Networks (Michigan Ctr, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

i got a call from the recruiter. She asked very basic questions about networking like tcp/ip and RIP and OSPF and a very definations about software testing. This lasted about 20 mins. She told me that i should expect a call from the team manager in about a week. She scheduled an appointment for next week. The interview was taken over the phone by two people. One QA specialist and one Network Specialist. They concentrated more on my resume. The projects i had done earlier. I was asked a lot of RIP and OSPF and again just the basic definations in QA. They asked me about LINIX shell scripting which i dont know. It lasted about 40mins. They were supposed to call back for the on-site. But did not. whenever i follow up they say that they are still considering me as a potential candidate for the next round but have not decided yet. Its been 45 days and still haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions

• what are virtual links in OSPF   1 Answer
    • what is the address in the IP field when it goes from one router to another   1 Answer