Arby's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.4

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited around for about 15 minutes. The interview lasted for about 20. It went really smooth. It was like just having a normal conversation with someone. She just asked general questions. Nothing you would really need to prep for. There was a lot of people applying for the job. I was not hired.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Jefferson City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asks a few general questions about your overall strongest personality traits and then asks what you would do in a few different scenarios. If you answer a scenario incorrectly, the interviewer will tell you what you would have done wrong and why it is wrong.

Interview Questions

• Are you outgoing and a people person?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arby's (Carrollton, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

He called and told me to come in for an interview. I showed up early. During the interview, it was more like a conversation rather than an interview. We just talked about what I was doing with school and what I planned to do afterwards. He told me he would call the next Tuesday and he never called. I tried calling back but the line is always busy.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan on doing after you graduate high school?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Orange Park, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online i got a call two weeks later I had forgot I had applied there the manager called me we set up an interview that same day at 2:30 I showed up 15 mins early she had me sit down two employees talk to me first than she came & ask about my availability & stuff & than she she said will get back with me

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to be any part of a car what would it be?   Answer Question

Front Line Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Fort Smith, AR) in April 2016.

Interview

Assistant manager came out and spoke with me for 10 mins, asked my experience, told me a little about the store ,then said manager would be in touch in the next few days. He didn't see why i wouldn't be hired.

Brand Activation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arby's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Process moved fairly quickly. I applied online on a Sunday. Had a phone interview the following Tuesday and an In-person a week later. They were very friendly and welcoming. I met with 4 different people for my in person interview.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Mishawaka, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

They will call you when they want an interview with you. You go through one interview. They usually call you the next day or the next few days if they'd like to hire you. Once they hire you they will ask for two forms of ID. I brought my social security card and birth certificate since I didn't have my license yet.

Interview Questions

• Can we drug test you?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer
    • How well do you work with others?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in a team?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose Arbys?   1 Answer

Vague Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arby's in September 2014.

Interview

Referred to opening. Told to come for application with interview at 3:30 a couple of days later. Showed up with resume and prepared for interview. Felt like I was a nuisance for showing up. Given application to fill out. When finished told there was a lot of applicants and how early could I be in to work in the mornings. Then told I would get a call back after she reviewed other applicants. I left thinking what weird interview (only one question). Two weeks went by before I was called for another interview. I was properly dressed like at the first appointment and arrived fifteen minutes early, so I had to wait until she was finished with present interview in progress. This interview last about 20 minutes. Was asked to tell about myself, what hobbies I like, previous and present education, a time I had to deal with a difficult customer, what would make me stand out to customers in a way that would make them ask for me personally, personal responsibilities, daycare arrangements, and shift availability. At the end I was given opportunity to ask questions, which I asked about position I was being interviewed for, typical week hours, and typical day at work. I was given vague answers such as we can hire for any shift, hours depend on you, and work day varies.Then told I would hear from here after decision. Another two weeks pass by before I receive a call to return for a second interview. This was the weirdest interview I have ever had for any position---EVER! I arrived the usual fifteen minutes early but had to wait over an hour because the Manager interviewing me was late arriving. After about 45 minutes the Manager present when I arrived decided to call and ask why he was late? He said he would be there within the next ten minutes. I was offered a drink for having to wait. He came in and seemed rushed. Then said I will make this sweet and simple: tell me about yourself. No handshake, nothing. Just as I was answering one of the workers came from the back and told him the other Manager needed to talk to him. He left for about ten minutes then returned and said okay finish up while I read this resume. After that, the interview went weirder from asking questions about my previous job Managers and their ethnicity, my personal goals, what other jobs I applied for, why did I apply to Arby's, have I ever eaten at Arby's before and how many times, how hard have I been searching for a job, was I expecting full-time or part-time employment, what salary was I expecting, what changes were going on in my life, and where do I see myself in five years. It got so crazy that I asked was he having a bad day. He then preceded to talk about having a poker face and he was tired of hiring people who brought drama or didn't want to work so what make me any different. I replied that I should not be judged based on his past employees. Then he went on to say he doesn't care how much experience I had or how much I was willing to work and easy to train, he wanted employees that wasn't like the ones he had in the past or that were not good now. He also made sure that I understood that the job was $7.25/hr, there were no insurance benefits until after you work at least 30 hrs a week for a year, and that they were only hiring for part-time, which was less than 30 hours a week. Once I sign the paperwork, then there was no changing the part-time to full-time. Full-time was only 30 hours or more. At this point, I was thinking that I do not want to work for this company even if offered a position. He ended by saying he was a fair person but he was tired of hiring people that brought drama and didn't want to work and that I would hear something by Thursday (the interview day was Tuesday). I politely thanked him for the interview, extended my hand for a shake which he seemed surprised by, and prepared to leave. I do not want to work for a company who is already looking for the negative based on others they have hired and that seems to having so many issues going on within that people are quitting that often. I left the interview feeling like I was being reprimanded for the actions of others. Will decline offer even though I really do need the position but I am worried it's not worth the stress nor time.

Interview Questions

• What other places have you applied for jobs? How many times have you eaten at Arby's? What's your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer

SALES ASSOCIATE/MEAT SLICER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Bellevue, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

You got to the store you will work at.The assistant manager does the first interview then the GM does the second.you are then informed if you have the job and are scheduled for orientation to start work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what hours I was able to work and what days also.I asked about a management position and was informed I could work my way up to that position.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Evansville, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

General application through snag-a-job. Then an interview gets set up with the area supervisor. If he/she likes you, then it's another interview with the director of operations depending on his schedule. 5 weeks team member training when hired, 5 weeks management, then 5 weeks advanced management before certification is discussed. Will train only in certified training units.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond your job requirements.   Answer Question