Arby's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

1.9

Night Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arby's (Fresno, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Involved a lengthy neck rub and a few thoughtful questions? The gentleman interviewing me had a handlebar mustache and was wearing s George Clooney tshirt (circa his batsman era). I was pleasantly surprised to see a table jam-packed with all the Arby's delights I could gobble. I also earned an unused vcr for dancing to sweet home Alabama in its entirety.

Interview Questions

• Do all the doors on your car lock?
      What kind of thing would make you quit your job vs just feeling kinda weird?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arby's.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat long and in depth. They really want to know who you are, what you bring to the table, and what they can do for you as a company. They ask about previous employment and how the experience will help you if hired. They also ask you to describe your strengths and weaknesses.

Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arby's (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Was kind of fun - you do a Wonderlic aptitude test (like the NFL does) along with the standard interview. There's also a personality quiz. It's a fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my last Arby's experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Evansville, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

General application through snag-a-job. Then an interview gets set up with the area supervisor. If he/she likes you, then it's another interview with the director of operations depending on his schedule. 5 weeks team member training when hired, 5 weeks management, then 5 weeks advanced management before certification is discussed. Will train only in certified training units.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond your job requirements.   Answer Question

Vague Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arby's in September 2014.

Interview

Referred to opening. Told to come for application with interview at 3:30 a couple of days later. Showed up with resume and prepared for interview. Felt like I was a nuisance for showing up. Given application to fill out. When finished told there was a lot of applicants and how early could I be in to work in the mornings. Then told I would get a call back after she reviewed other applicants. I left thinking what weird interview (only one question). Two weeks went by before I was called for another interview. I was properly dressed like at the first appointment and arrived fifteen minutes early, so I had to wait until she was finished with present interview in progress. This interview last about 20 minutes. Was asked to tell about myself, what hobbies I like, previous and present education, a time I had to deal with a difficult customer, what would make me stand out to customers in a way that would make them ask for me personally, personal responsibilities, daycare arrangements, and shift availability. At the end I was given opportunity to ask questions, which I asked about position I was being interviewed for, typical week hours, and typical day at work. I was given vague answers such as we can hire for any shift, hours depend on you, and work day varies.Then told I would hear from here after decision. Another two weeks pass by before I receive a call to return for a second interview. This was the weirdest interview I have ever had for any position---EVER! I arrived the usual fifteen minutes early but had to wait over an hour because the Manager interviewing me was late arriving. After about 45 minutes the Manager present when I arrived decided to call and ask why he was late? He said he would be there within the next ten minutes. I was offered a drink for having to wait. He came in and seemed rushed. Then said I will make this sweet and simple: tell me about yourself. No handshake, nothing. Just as I was answering one of the workers came from the back and told him the other Manager needed to talk to him. He left for about ten minutes then returned and said okay finish up while I read this resume. After that, the interview went weirder from asking questions about my previous job Managers and their ethnicity, my personal goals, what other jobs I applied for, why did I apply to Arby's, have I ever eaten at Arby's before and how many times, how hard have I been searching for a job, was I expecting full-time or part-time employment, what salary was I expecting, what changes were going on in my life, and where do I see myself in five years. It got so crazy that I asked was he having a bad day. He then preceded to talk about having a poker face and he was tired of hiring people who brought drama or didn't want to work so what make me any different. I replied that I should not be judged based on his past employees. Then he went on to say he doesn't care how much experience I had or how much I was willing to work and easy to train, he wanted employees that wasn't like the ones he had in the past or that were not good now. He also made sure that I understood that the job was $7.25/hr, there were no insurance benefits until after you work at least 30 hrs a week for a year, and that they were only hiring for part-time, which was less than 30 hours a week. Once I sign the paperwork, then there was no changing the part-time to full-time. Full-time was only 30 hours or more. At this point, I was thinking that I do not want to work for this company even if offered a position. He ended by saying he was a fair person but he was tired of hiring people that brought drama and didn't want to work and that I would hear something by Thursday (the interview day was Tuesday). I politely thanked him for the interview, extended my hand for a shake which he seemed surprised by, and prepared to leave. I do not want to work for a company who is already looking for the negative based on others they have hired and that seems to having so many issues going on within that people are quitting that often. I left the interview feeling like I was being reprimanded for the actions of others. Will decline offer even though I really do need the position but I am worried it's not worth the stress nor time.

Interview Questions

• What other places have you applied for jobs? How many times have you eaten at Arby's? What's your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arby's (Florence, AL) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone, Area Supervisor, Regional. A lot of behavioral questions. Arby's has a respect policy they take very seriously. Many questions like, "tell me about a time you....." Interviewers are very professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you disagreed with company policy and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary ranges from 30's to 50's. Everything is negotiable.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arby's (McHenry, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The manager sat with me in the lobby and asked me questions about my previous jobs and my interests. We talked about the requirements of the position and what was expected of me. It was a standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a complaint from a customer   Answer Question

Fast Food Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arby's (Helena, MT) in December 2015.

Interview

I went in and had introduced myself to the manager and then proceeded to go through some paperwork. Watched some helpful tutorial videos, got asked some questions then was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your work ethic?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arby's.

Interview

Well it was a sit down with the GM. We talked about some of my experienced and my personal life. I was told about their personal life and experiences. I was told about problems with other members of the team and what was expected. I was told that I could get the hours, and days I required. I was informed that that location was in a transition.

Anonymous Employee in Altus, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arby's (Altus, OK) in February 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the District Manager at the Altus, Ok location. Interview lasted approximately 20 minutes. Was scheduled for a 2nd interview with the General Manager at the Lawton, Ok location.

I had applied for the job via Glassdoor one evening, the next morning I had received a phone call to set up an interview. I was very impressed as to how fast my application had been processed and reviewed. Thank You Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever have a time where I had to have a "dreadful" conversation with an employee?   1 Answer