Arc Aspicio Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Thinking Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through Indeed and they contacted me within two weeks. I connected with different HR department professionals through job app software and interviewed with someone that joined a few years ago. This person then passed on their notes to a manager for further review.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC).

Interview

You are phone screened by someone who is at your level and is reading from a script. The questions are standard If you make it to the next round, you submit two writing samples. The final round is an in personal interview with someone higher than you would be in the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a team or a project?   Answer Question

Communications and Outreach Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I heard about the position through my institutional network and reached out to a current employee. He gave me some background about the company and I applied for the position a few weeks later online. I heard back the same day and was asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. My interview was scheduled for the next week. The interviewer was friendly and asked mostly questions about my character, team-building skills, etc.

Case Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with an initial phone screening, I provided writing samples and filled out their application, they had me do a research based case study, and finally I had an in person interview downtown. The process took about 2 months and I was in contact with many different people within the organization. I definitely had a positive experience with each person I talked with, so I am not quite sure where all these negative reviews are coming from.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a mutual acquaintance. Sent in my resume and received a phone interview two days later. Less than a week later, I had an in-person interview with the project manager for the contract I would be working on.
    We negotiated over some details and then I accepted a contingent offer. There was a delay due to the background check backlog at the Government agency. I just accepted my final offer and set a start date.

Overall, everyone from HR was pleasant, courteous, and responsive. Even when we didn't quite see eye to eye, it did not feel adversarial, nor did it leave a bitter taste.

I was a bit concerned, having read some of the other reviews, so I made sure to get details on the contract they were hiring for as early as possible.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the standard questions. Expect to be asked why you specifically want to work for Arc Aspicio. They take pride in their culture and focus, and if you miss that, I would imagine you would not be viewed positively.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated, but don't expect too much wiggle room. They seemed very set on what they were willing to offer. It was a positive experience, although I would've liked to see them budge a bit more.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

They have a very interesting interview system. They basically interview you for a position that isn't even open yet but they need people on retainer for projects they MIGHT get. So if you want a job right away and want something secured then I would not recommend a position at the firm.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC).

Interview

The entire interview process took about four months, including an in-person visit and three phone interviews. HR staff and employees were all pleasant. The offer I received was well below the industry average. When I submitted a counter-offer, they showed no interest in negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied, received an email requesting a phone interview. After some scheduling issues (got rescheduled at the last minute) the phone interview was quick and painless. It was a very junior person - an intern I think? - which seemed very unprofessional, but I figured it was just a phone interview and I'd see what the in-person was like. After the phone interview, they asked me to submit writing samples, which I did and then didn't hear from them for a few weeks. Out of the blue I got an email asking me to come in for an interview that week. When I went in to the office, things were very disorganized - an intern brought me to the room and explained that my interviewer was in a meeting. I waited about 20 minutes and then my interviewer, a young guy, came in to talk to me. He didn't know what role I was being interviewed for, or even what roles were open. He wasn't interviewing me for a role on his team because there were no roles on his team. He said this was a general interview and I'd be called back for a project interview if a position was found. Um, what? I took time off work to come in for this interview assuming there was a position open, but I guess this company just likes to keep their talent pool fresh without having any actual openings. It was annoyingly misleading and I would have turned down the interview if I knew there wasn't an open role. Also, the in-person interview wound up being similar to the phone interview in that it was a few basic questions about me and then a whole bunch of baloney about why this company is the Best. Company. Ever. Seriously, if you have to work that hard to convince me, it must not be true.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime?   1 Answer
    • Will you travel to client sites that aren't metro accessible?   1 Answer
    • Did you know that we are the best company ever? Tell us why we are such a great company!   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewer seemed unprepared, sounded young and wasn't able to converse about technical experiences- reflected poorly on the management's ability to plan the HR process. Subsequent email coordination seemed hasty and poorly written, typos were increasingly present from higher ranking staff. In hindsight HR enthusiasm after acceptance seemed artificial and belied what was ahead.

Interview Questions

• General questions, only about the company and homeland security- cursory questions about previous experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc Aspicio (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty easy, with the usual "walk me through your resume type questions", lasting about 35 minutes. The interviewer stated that I'd be a great fit for the position I was applying for. I received an email two days later saying the interview went well and I have been referred to the next step in the process. I had to submit two writing samples and complete the online application. A week later I was scheduled an in-person interview with one of the Program Managers.

The in-person interview had more detailed questions like "Tell me about a time when you...” which went well for the most part. Towards the end of the interview, I was told that the position I applied for is not the position I will be offered, but the company takes every applicant and places them in the best position available within the company based on their experience (in short, needs of the company). However, he could not say what positions were available or open. He also bragged about how they (PM’s) screen about 200 applicants for the perfect candidate. Atthis point, I really believed I was wasting my time.

I received an email six weeks later stating that they were in the process of receiving new opportunities, but to let them know if my situation changes. I replied asking what opportunities or position I was being offered and where do I fit in for these new opportunities. It’s been about three weeks with no response. It’s almost like they are dangling a carrot to string me along; not to mention disrespectful and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem, tell me about a time when you disagreed with management and what was the outcome, did I have a problem with the core hours and do I have reliable transportation.   Answer Question