Arc Worldwide Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Arc Worldwide Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.1

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a series of 8 interviews, back to back, in a 2 hour timeframe. Most were very conversational and most asked similar questions. There was a mix of roles and people from a mix of teams who interviewed me.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

I applied online and reached out to a recruiter. I didn't hear back for a couple of weeks, but once I did the process included a phone interview with the recruiter to learn more about the position, then a phone interview with the department VP. After that I had an interview on site with four members of the team. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• When you are multi-tasking and cannot possible address all items going on at once, how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

One round of negotiation took place - very little but was acceptable.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty typical talk about your book, your life, and if you'd be a good fit. The people there all have a lot of experience in above the line work but seem to have settled for below the line work for what i assume is more money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

typical

Senior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Very lax. No cliche interview questions. Talked about my book and the work. Very informal. Process did take a while because I had to meet with so many people.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, but that doesn't do anything at all so don't rely on it. Reached out to HR through LinkedIn blindly and got the Production recruiter, who then referred me to the Strategy recruiter. She did not get back to me, but then ended up posting the job on LinkedIn, to which I responded and she got immediately back to me. I sent over my resume and a portfolio of sorts, we played telephone tag for a couple of weeks, finally had a half-hour interview, and I was offered the internship the next day.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is a strategist's job? (Really good question because a lot of people don't quite know going in. Make sure you know what you're trying to go in to accomplish in your position.)   Answer Question

Senior Security Governance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed in November of 2008. I applied to an online job posting. An internal recruiter phone interviewed me.

After the phone interview, I was brought into the office. The office interview consisted of 6 back to back one -on-one interviews (no restroom or drink breaks). I interviewed with 3 people who were not in the department and whom I would never interact with in the potential job. The other 3, I would be working with.
    The interviews were non-technical in nature. I was asked the basic interviews questions such as: "Why do you want to work here?" and "Why did you leave your previous company?” No advanced interview questions or techniques were deployed.

My overall impression was that the people were nice but not knowledgeable. It seemed like they were hiring for personality and did not understand the IT Security industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A week later an offer was extended and verbally accepted. I called a few days later (after not receiving the written offer letter) and found out that the company decided to go on an hiring freeze. The HR recruiter was not informed of the hiring freeze. Company rescinded the offer.

5 months later (March 2009), I was brought in to interview for another position. I interviewed with 3 more people and had lunch with my potential boss. I was extended an offer that was 25k less than before. It was explained to me that this second position was not the same job grade and not for the same dept as the previous job I interviewed for. As a result, it paid differently.

Note: this was explained to me after the interview process.

I successfully negotiated for 5k more and accepted the offer (it was the height of the recession). 10 months later, I was promoted into the more senior role I originally interviewed for in Nov. 2008. However, the company/dept. refused to give the same pay and benefits. Thus, I was moved into the senior role I originally interviewed for with a 20k pay cut. I believe this is called a “bait and switch” in the HR world.
    I waited for the economy to get better and then left the company. I would not do business with this company.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

The original interview for the freelance position involved two phone interviews of a span of two days. The interview for the position itself involved a panel interview with a group of people, including peers, superiors not directly reporting to, and my superior. You had one hour to create a presentation to give to the group. Afterwards, there were individual interviews of about an hour each spread of over two days. The questions varied from reviewing portfolio as well as possible scenarios with upcoming clients.

Interview Questions

• Create a working plan for developing a website for a mass transit system.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After the initial offer, I countered through my recruiter, and was told that "that was the budget they had."

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Initially you send a link or pdf to you work and a resume.
    If they like your work, you'll interview with the most senior people in your group. It's not very uptight. Lots of small talk about who knows who. You be asked why you want to work there and stuff like that. Sometimes a senior creative person will show you what they've been working on etc. You'll watch them view your work again. Not too hard.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ARC WW?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They used an intermediary and I didn't negotiate with the people I met with-they just did it all through HR.

Director, Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

HR is extremely organized and process was well planned.
    For the group interview, a presentation was expected followed by a group Q&A session and then 1:1 interviews with some members of the group.
    For the second round of 1:1 interviews, HR had the schedule of interviewers and their titles, which gives a clue as to what their focus might be during the interview -- and helps you to prepare yourself.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a project you were on that failed and why it failed.   1 Answer