Arc Worldwide Senior Security Governance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arc Worldwide Senior Security Governance Analyst Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Security Governance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Arc Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed in November of 2008. I applied to an online job posting. An internal recruiter phone interviewed me.

After the phone interview, I was brought into the office. The office interview consisted of 6 back to back one -on-one interviews (no restroom or drink breaks). I interviewed with 3 people who were not in the department and whom I would never interact with in the potential job. The other 3, I would be working with.
The interviews were non-technical in nature. I was asked the basic interviews questions such as: "Why do you want to work here?" and "Why did you leave your previous company?” No advanced interview questions or techniques were deployed.

My overall impression was that the people were nice but not knowledgeable. It seemed like they were hiring for personality and did not understand the IT Security industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A week later an offer was extended and verbally accepted. I called a few days later (after not receiving the written offer letter) and found out that the company decided to go on an hiring freeze. The HR recruiter was not informed of the hiring freeze. Company rescinded the offer.

5 months later (March 2009), I was brought in to interview for another position. I interviewed with 3 more people and had lunch with my potential boss. I was extended an offer that was 25k less than before. It was explained to me that this second position was not the same job grade and not for the same dept as the previous job I interviewed for. As a result, it paid differently.

Note: this was explained to me after the interview process.

I successfully negotiated for 5k more and accepted the offer (it was the height of the recession). 10 months later, I was promoted into the more senior role I originally interviewed for in Nov. 2008. However, the company/dept. refused to give the same pay and benefits. Thus, I was moved into the senior role I originally interviewed for with a 20k pay cut. I believe this is called a “bait and switch” in the HR world.
I waited for the economy to get better and then left the company. I would not do business with this company.