Arcadia Healthcare Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arcadia Healthcare Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Spoke with a former employee who referred me to a current employee who then passed my information along to HR. Was first contacted by a member of their team at the beginning of August. After some email tag, scheduled my first round phone interview at the end of August. All questions were related to my resume/behavioral fit. After Labor Day, scheduled second round phone interview for second or third week in September. Again, about a 30-45 minute phone call, this time with two short brain teasers at the end (angle between hands on a clock and number of college/university students in the US). Honestly felt/still feel that this second phone interview is a waste of time on the company's behalf. Just include the brain teaser stuff in the first interview.
    Was asked in for an in-person interview one week later, which as others have posted here, involved a 15-20 minute presentation, a case discussing a dysfunctional project manager and the steps you would take to remedy the situation, a case involving a bunch of numbers related to revenue and costs of two health plans, and a lunch with two consultants. After the lunch, I met with the recruiting manager for about 30 minutes for some final questions. The quant heavy case was a bit confusing in its presentation, but overall none of this was too difficult. Total interview lasted from about 10AM to 3PM.
    Was notified 10 days later that I would not be receiving an offer. When I asked for feedback, they said it's company policy to not give feedback, which is a shame.

Interview Questions

• Numbers case related to two different health plans   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted an online application and then completed two phone interviews before coming to the office for a 4 hour-ish in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Here is a bunch of information about a hospital. What does it mean and how could this situation be improved?   Answer Question

Got a similar offer in another city that I preferred to work in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied through my school's online job application system, and was invited to interview on campus. Interview consisted of typical questions (tell me about yourself, walking through the resume, "what are you most proud of?", "tell me about a research project"). The interviewers were friendly and talked about the enjoyment they get, the travel involved (4/5 days in the week), the often difficult work week (sometimes 60-80 hours), the young culture, and carving your own path within the company. There was an easy analytic exercise (not quite a case question) at the end of the interview that mostly required using the P = R - C formula. I was notified within the next week that I would not be invited to the next round of on site interviews, and was okay with it considering I wasn't very interested in the travel and long hours involved with the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of accomplishing as an undergraduate?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screen w/recruiter followed by a 3-hour interview onsite with numerous folks that included a presentation, analytical and a social (lunch) and then a brief meeting with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Overall a very tedious process for a small company to have. Consisted of 2 phone screens then an on-site interview.
    On site consisted on a presentation, business case, analytics case and lunch. all in all took about 6 hours.
    The Group viewing my presentation kept interrupting while I was talking. That is something they need to work on. other than that it was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• case about healthcare payer and provider plans   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Did two initial phone screens. During these screens they asked me multiple questions from the walk me through your resume, to an analytical asking me to work through a verbal word problem and come to a numeric solution. The interviewer said the final answer wasnt as important as the approach I took and how I should attack similar problems in the future. Ask a lot of questions and really portray how excited you are to become a part of the company, they love positive people. The onsite was a long day, with a case, analytical, presentation, and a social interview all with different people. They ask a variety of questions and are looking for pure talent it appears.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls would it take to completely fill an airplane?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

First round was a 1:1 interview with basic fit questions and a simple business case. Second round was onsite and consisted of a business case, an analytic case, a presentation given to two consultants on why you are a good fit for the company, and a lunch with two consultants. Seems like a really great place to work- my advice would be to take your time with the analytic case, as I seriously botched the numbers and was not offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 phone screens and an in person interview. It was fun, but way too long for a non-senior level position. In-person interview lasted over 5 hours, by the end I just wanted to leave.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

It's a typical consulting firm, if you know what I mean. A great majority of the people had no background in the health care or technology. They learn on the job, and on the customer's dime, a fake it till you make it type of thing. They try to keep things fun by not having a dress code, the ability to drink beer and scotch while working (they have a beer fridge), and are pet friendly. The atmosphere is "technology hipsters". I have strong doubts of their knowledge and leadership.

Interview Questions

• They give you a list of healthcare options with prices and then give you some word problems to figure the cost. Then they give you a second pricing model and some new problems.   1 Answer

They're whole strategy is intimidation. They want to come across as the experts, and you should be honored to join them, when in fact they're expertise is very questionable. On top of this I caught them in several lies pertaining to the details of the offer... They don't pay nearly enough for the hours worked.... I have a good job that pays more now.

Technical Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arcadia Healthcare Solutions (Burlington, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by someone through LinkedIn. I went along with it and was interviewed over the phone by a manager. That process was smooth enough, and I was passed along for another phone interview within 2 weeks. The second phone interview was pretty basic with standard interview questions, such as "describe blah blah experience on your resume." I was promoted to the final phone interview. Yes, I had 3 phone interviews. The final phone interview consisted of 2 case questions, which threw me off because they were so unusual. The man asked me "How many golf balls can you fit into a plane?" and "How many times do you run a horse around a track in the most efficient manner?". Three phone interviews is a bit much, so I wasn't upset that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How many times do you allow horses to run around a track in the most efficient manner?   1 Answer