Arcadis UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arcadis UK Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2016

Graduate Environmental Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadis UK (Newmarket, England (UK)).

Interview

Video interview to begin with. Did not hear back for a really long time, would chase up and be told that they are running behind on the recruitment process. Was invited for an interview 10 months after I had done the online video interview. The interview was laid back and informal. The interviewers were very friendly and easy to get along with. The interview was heavily focussed on asking questions about the modules I had covered so they could determine if my skill set would be relevant. Was told I would hear back by the end of the following week, however I had back earlier and was offered the job. Start date was just over a month later due to other graduates that were starting at the same time having to serve notice periods.

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis UK in October 2016.

Interview

Only got to the video interview stage after the initial application. After this, if successful, it should be an assessment centre. It didn't take to long to be invited to the next stage. Took around 2 weeks after submitting an application with a CV and covering letter

Interview Questions

• something along the lines of using moral responsiblity to make a difference   Answer Question
    • when you assumed a position of responsibility   Answer Question
    • when you were innovative or improved on an existing solution   Answer Question
    • your role in a team, what you did and what your contribution was   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis UK.

Interview

First completed an online interview, then I had to do a quiz or two. After which, I was invited to a group assessment followed by a personal interview. It was not a very tough process. For me the hardest part was getting through the CV screen.

Interview Questions

• Describe your weakness? How can you create an impact in Arcadis?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadis UK (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through linkedin, got a very quick response the day after applying and was offered an interview that week. Due to current work commitments, arranged for the following week.

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arcadis UK.

Interview

Video interview- they send you a link to do video interview. The interview take about 15-20 minutes. It's pre recorded, they asked a question like "What is your passion?" And they give you like 15 seconds to think and automatic record starts and you have to answer and it goes to the next question

Moderate interview questions

Assistant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arcadis UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward, I applied that night, they got in contact with me the next morning, talked about my circumstances, why I want to leave my current firm, any clauses with current employer. All very professional! I attended the first interview with two senior persons and received extremely positive feedback then second interview was the following week where it was with another senior person. Had a great conversation about persona interests and professional work life, of course including the subject at hand. After that, received a further telephone call a couple days later, being told that they are really interested in me and want to offer me the position there.

Interview Questions

• The types of projects I've worked on, my understanding of the subject at hand and other professional abilities.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arcadis UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete a video interview of myself with pre-recorded questions. The process was slow, they emailed me several times over about 4 months to say they were behind in sorting through applicants and would get back to me soon. After about 4 months they invited me to come for an interview in one of the London offices.

Interview Questions

• What skills I had gained from the courses I had studied at university. What technical information I had gained from my courses and what my dissertation was about.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arcadis UK (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2016.

Interview

No technical questions. In the morning, we were divided into two groups, 7-8 each, to discuss a new function os mobile phones then delivered group presentation. In the afternoon, 1:1 interview, the first round was to comment on self and others' performance in the group activity. The second round is the normal why you, how you question.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arcadis UK in December 2015.

Interview

After a month from the application, I received a mail with a personal link to a website where I had to do a recorded interview.
    You can record only one time, you can't know the question before and every question has a countdown.
    If the interview goes well, you will be contacted from a recruiter who will tell you what happens next: a skype call, an interview or a test in one assessment center.
    Not good communications between recruiters and managers. When you arrive in the assessment center, it seems nobody has read your CV before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What has made you apply for a position with Arcadis and why should we choose you about other candidates?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Wich subjects did you enjoy the most at university?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arcadis UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

By interviewer - introduction of the employer background, team structure and job nature.
    By interviewee - review of academic and professional qualifications, sharing of work experience, answers to technical questions and engineering problems, sharing the reasons to leave current position