ArcelorMittal USA Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ArcelorMittal USA Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a campus career fair and had a short interview the next day. After that, I moved to the final round of interviews which were on-site in Burns Harbor. The on-site interviews lasted all day. They pick you up from the hotel around 8am and drop you off around 4pm. There were three hour long interviews as well as a welcome session and site tour.

Interview Questions

• A lot of different Star questions. Each interview had about 20 different situational Star questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ArcelorMittal USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

AM flew me out to Indiana, coordinated and payed for all transport and hotel room. The day of the interview started with a half hour of information, then three hour long interviews with different people (2 technical, one HR) then there was a tour of the Indiana Harbor plant after.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all the "STAR" questions in which you describe a situation and explain the steps and result to it. about 8 per person, 24 in total.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

One on one interview on campus the day after an information session. Formal setting with the typical interview questions. No trick questions or quirky personality tricks. One of those interview where they have a packet of standard questions and they write down your answers as you go along.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a set back in a project or group setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an initial interview through campus career fair recruitment. Since I was the last entrant, they accommodated me early morning. The interview went great and I received an email I was selected for the on site interview. They paid for the airfare and stay near the Burns Harbor plant, and the other expenses were paid too, however I have yet to receive the reimbursement. The interview was all STAR behavioral questions and then a plant tour which was really informative.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most difficult conditions you have had to work in. ( Not that hard, but hard out of the other STAR questions)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Fairly easy going, simple interview process. Basic questions about my resume and interest in the company. Went to their information session the night before so I didn't have many questions about the company. The interviewer was an alumni from my school so we made small talk. Most of the interview was done within half an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first interviewed on campus by an engineer, then I was selected for an onsite tour and series of interviews at Burns Harbor. The company paid for all travel and food expenses associated with the trip. The plant interviews and tour was an all day activity. I was interviewed by 5 different engineers that worked at different plants for ArcelorMittal. Each interview focused on different types of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone in authority asked you to do something that you knew violated safety procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because my husband (also an engineer) was given a better offer by a different company in a different state.