ArcelorMittal USA Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ArcelorMittal USA Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Was flow out to their main site in Burns Harbor, IN for an interview. They take you around the steel mill, was an impressive site. Then they showed us a powerpoint on the benefits and etc. The interview process was very straight forward. You interview with 2-3 people, with about 4-6 behavior questions with each. Overall was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ArcelorMittal USA

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was about 10 STAR behavioral questions and some general questions were asked about myself at the start of the interview. They were fairly straight forward but I would best prepare by looking over common STAR questions and developing good responses for them. The interviewer also let me ask any questions I had at the end about the position.

Interview Questions

• What is some difficult news you had to convey to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

An on-campus interview, a phone interview and a long (3 month) delay before being offered the internship. Met with representatives at a career fair on campus, was offered and interview, and after that first interview, I was called for a phone screening with HR. Then, I had to do a hair drug test and physical. After passing those I waited 2-3 months to hear back and received an offer almost out of nowhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not achieve the results on a project you wanted.   Answer Question

ArcelorMittal USA Response

Apr 28, 2017 – Representative - Talent Acquisition

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to post about your interview experience. Your experience, however, sounds unique from our standard intern interviewing process. Typically intern... More

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I talked to them at my university's career fair and they scheduled me for an interview during the fair. The recruiter I talked to was very sincere, answered all my questions to his best extent and really wanted to help students grow. The interview was on campus the next day and was about 4-6 behavioral based questions all STAR format. No technical or creative questions, pure behavioral questions. Some questions were: what was the hardest programming project you have completed, what are your strengths and weaknesses, describe a time where you and group members weren't getting along, describe your leadership experience, and a few more.

Interview Questions

• So you volunteered for a non profit organization, what didn't you like about the organization?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I originally submitted a letter of interest and résumé on my university's online career service center. About a week and a half later, I was invited via e-mail to select an interview slot for the interview day. I was also invited to their info session the night before interviews. Attend this if possible! If you can mention a certain point or two in your interview, it shows you cared enough to attend and think critically about their presentation and business. My interviewer was impressed with this and the fact that I got my end-of-interview questions from points mentioned there. The interview was simple and behavioral and lasted about half an hour. It was conversational and informal, a true learning experience for both sides. Then I was called about a week later and offered my job. HR is very pleasant to work with to get your summer set up for you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 3-4 main questions with smaller individualized follow up questions. First he went over my résumé and we talked about the main academic project I completed from school (only one really as I am a sophomore) and my experience at past jobs. Second he asked about why I was interested in working at ArcelorMittal. I talked about being part of an industry that drives a lot of critical industries in society and is a real leader and solutions provider. The last question I remember was "What is your ideal work environment?" I said one that is diverse, collaborative, and SAFE! You will very likely get this question, do yourself a favor and mention safety. ArcelorMIttal employees pride themselves on their Journey to Zero (work injuries) and improving safety standards. Make it your goal to mention safety at least once in the interview no matter what. Hope I helped, guys. Practice and do well!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intern pay scales here are pretty structured from what I understand. I know some people asked for slightly different start and end dates and those were approved as far as I know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of many behavioral questions to gauge how you would react given certain situations

Interview Questions

• Have you ever not gotten along with a group member while working on a project, and how did you deal with the situation   Answer Question