ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ArcelorMittal USA

2.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Chicago, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, on campus interview, Then went into the location for 3 additional interviews back to back on same day. We also completed a tour of the plant.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you made a way of doing things more efficient?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Chicago, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with the recruiters an a local career fair. Provided my resume and said that I was interested in a position requiring more math (previously I was working as a project manager). Had a follow up phone interview. This led into an interview with three of their employees. Those employees were mostly one level below the VP of purchasing which led to the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I was describing something I did in my econometric's class regarding looking at public metro's in different cities, their population densities, and hoping to find some relationship between those and their finances. The person I interviewed then asked me to delve into the details which I wasn't entirely prepared to do (the class was a few years ago), but I muddled through it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Limited ability to negotiate. I was brought on as a temporary which then turned into a full time offer. Regarding negotiating the full time offer, I checked with my company "mentor" (somebody with lots of experience but outside of your department" about figuring out how competitive it was. As it included a promotion, raise, full-time offer, benefits, etc., he said that I should not use the political capital necessary to get a few minor concessions at the time and take it as is. I did.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed up by an in person interview. The phone interview was pretty standard as far as questions go (tell me about yourself, what are you looking for, when was a time where . .. ). The in-person interview was likewise and involved meeting with three different employees from the company. Friendly atmosphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

One on one interview on campus the day after an information session. Formal setting with the typical interview questions. No trick questions or quirky personality tricks. One of those interview where they have a packet of standard questions and they write down your answers as you go along.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a set back in a project or group setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Fairly easy going, simple interview process. Basic questions about my resume and interest in the company. Went to their information session the night before so I didn't have many questions about the company. The interviewer was an alumni from my school so we made small talk. Most of the interview was done within half an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first interviewed on campus by an engineer, then I was selected for an onsite tour and series of interviews at Burns Harbor. The company paid for all travel and food expenses associated with the trip. The plant interviews and tour was an all day activity. I was interviewed by 5 different engineers that worked at different plants for ArcelorMittal. Each interview focused on different types of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone in authority asked you to do something that you knew violated safety procedure? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

I declined the offer because my husband (also an engineer) was given a better offer by a different company in a different state.

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

1 hour company introduction with the plant manager, went over a slideshow, opportunity to ask questions directly to the plant manager, 3 back to back 1 hour interviews with manager, and 2 engineers, and then a tour of some of the facility

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN).

Interview

Got called back after applying on college job portal. First round of interview was on campus and it went pretty well. Mostly behavioral questions. Got a call back for second round that took place at the burns harbor. Interviewed by three different people. Again mostly behavioral questions

Auditing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA in June 2009.

Interview

Three people each an hour long. Standard process a little slow with offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty good package offered. great benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Gary, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

It was basically all situational questions.

Interview Questions

• how did you tackle most difficult situation of confrontation ?   Answer Question