ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I first applied through my school's career website. Then, I scheduled an interview on campus about two months later. After the interview, I never heard back from the company, so I just assumed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Give a time that you took on too much work and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a team and had a problem that needed to be solved.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was like any other behavioral interview and all answers were expected to be answered with the STAR approach. There were a lot of similar questions that they wanted you to be prepared to answer. It is good to know about the company and being that it is a steel company you should know that the surroundings you may be put in may not be the most luxurious. Overall, the interview and hiring process was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you better than any other candidate interviewing for the same position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Engineer- Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Chicago, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward process. I worked on a project for Am through my university. So when i wanted an internship, I asked them and luckily they had an opening.

I was contacted by the HR, I did well in that interview. I was given an offer, because I was recommended by the group I would be working for. So I really do not have too many inputs about the interview process. However, i must mention here that, their full time hiring process is really challenging.

I witnessed three interviews and I can tell that you will be tested on all possible fronts if you want a full time job at AM.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Chicago, IN) in May 2008.

Interview

hiring process was smooth, you get a phone interview, followed by a site interview if you are shortlisted. They take care of your flight, accomodation, and other expenses. You deliver a presentation to an open panel of future peers and then do several one-on-one interviews with your department key people and other key people from other departments. Then if all is ok, you get a call within a couple of weeks with an offer letter, with reasonable negotiation allowed.

Interview Questions

• you will be asked very technical questions in your field and outside as well to show your ability to wotk in a multidiscplinary environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

reasonable

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

There was a basic interview at my campus, I made it to the second round which consisted of 4 interviews with 4 different people from varying backgrounds. We then took a several hour long tour of the entire facility which was pretty long and terrible. Everyone just wanted to get out of there after the interviews.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Chicago, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I Applied online back in October 2016, then sent a link to take a assessment. I week later was called for a phone interview, which led into a in person interview with 3 different ppl. Interview went while, called back in to do a tour of the plant. A week later I was offered the job. The process took 5-6 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate, salary was very competitive.

Associate Engineer-Chemical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started at my college career fair, which followed with a short on campus interview the next day. I was contacted withing a week after the first interview to be informed I had made it to the final round. The final round interview was an on-site interview that took place a month after the initial interview. The on-site interviews were an all day ordeal that consisted of 3 one on one interviews that lasted about 1 hour each. After the interviews were done, the other candidates and I were given a plant tour.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Hammond, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus at fall career fair. Recruiter was very friendly and informative about the company. Scheduled an interview on campus the following week.

Second (on campus) interview was 1 on 1 and supposed to last around 30 minutes or so. Interview began with going over transcripts and previous work experience. Followed with standard S.T.A.R questions. Overall the interview was very relaxed and conversational. Towards the end there is time for questions about company, work life, etc.

Associate Engineer - Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a campus career fair and had a short interview the next day. After that, I moved to the final round of interviews which were on-site in Burns Harbor. The on-site interviews lasted all day. They pick you up from the hotel around 8am and drop you off around 4pm. There were three hour long interviews as well as a welcome session and site tour.

Interview Questions

• A lot of different Star questions. Each interview had about 20 different situational Star questions.   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Mobile, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

interviews differ from department to department. Initial interview with 2 members of HR. got a call back for a panel interview with three members of management and one HR rep.Not extremely technical, but enough so that you shouldn't try to buffalo through it. I felt like I nailed the interview, but didn't hear back for 3 or 4 months. I had nearly forgotten about it when HR called and made me an offer. They send you for a physical with company doc and administer a urine drug test (12 panel) and if you pass that you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Many behavior-based questions that started with: "recall a time when you saw someone working unsafely. How did you handle it?" or "what is your most valued personal accomplishment?" and so on......   1 Answer

Negotiation

offer was fair so their was no negotiation