ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.6

Summer Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Interview

Two people. One trainee, one recruiter. Regular interview, including behavior based. Good tone and emotional exchange.

Interview Questions

Interview

two interviews. One phone/campus interview and one onsite interview. Usually talking about your project experience in the college.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a first round interview with ArcelorMittal. It was very straightforward with behavioral questions based around leadership and teamwork. The interviewer was casual and friendly. We spent a lot of time going through the different roles and locations that ArcelorMittal has available.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 seperate interviews all one after the other. mostly behavioral questions or questions about things mentioned on resumee. the entire interview process was about three hours long. the interviewers all seemed friendly. There were also questions about strengths and weaknesses, interests, and why I chose the field that I am in.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where it is necessary to ignore safety rules and codes?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Applied for job through university career services. Had the first interview with an older manager and a newer analyst. After a few weeks I received an invite to the East Chicago plant for the final round interview. There were five of us that got invited, we signed in and did our paperwork then went off and did four one on one interviews with different managers of the department. We then had a chance to meet with some of the newer analysts over lunch and ask about the job. A few weeks later I got a call with the offer. Hair drug screen, urine test, and medical exam must be passed prior to your first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is not negotiable but vacation time is. They will not mention it, but they offer a very generous relocation bonus upon accepting the offer, so don't let that hold you back from accepting.

Staff Accountant Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Had a pre-night where they told us about the company and then split off into different groups to discuss the sectors

Interview was very conversation and the questions were pretty normal

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Process - about month for total, from first computer test, to first working day. Interview - full working day, with lunch provided. Met about 14 people during the day - from HR to my current coworkers and chiefs. Atmosphere was very friendly, it was easy to communicate with guys.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any super-difficult question, as well as something really unexpected. Of course, it is good idea to learn a little bit about company prior to interview and to research some popular questions, like your weaknesses, your 5-years goal etc.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Conshohocken, PA).

Interview

Testing requirements for electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, and mechanical. Go, No Go. To proceed to interview. No fear of heights required. Getting dirty everyday possibility. Lifting 75 lbs required. No possibility of advancement.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Gary, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

It was basically all situational questions.

Interview Questions

• how did you tackle most difficult situation of confrontation ?   Answer Question

Operations Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (East Chicago, IN).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers onsite in the continuous improvement group. Also interviewed with the senior division manager of continuous improvement. Received offer within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Easy interview. Show your technical ability / computer ability. You must be good on the shop floor and dealing with all levels of management. Why ArcelorMittal? Mostly behavior based questions based on your past experiences. Use the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Research the company of course before hand and talk about how you like working on the shop floor and getting hands dirty.   Answer Question