ArcelorMittal USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

One on one interview on campus the day after an information session. Formal setting with the typical interview questions. No trick questions or quirky personality tricks. One of those interview where they have a packet of standard questions and they write down your answers as you go along.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a set back in a project or group setting?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I conducted my first interview at college campus and invited for second interview on their facility. The second round interview was conducted by three different people each was slotted for an hour. The interview was basic behavioral questions and not too difficult to answer them. The whole process took about two month.

Associate Metallurgical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN).

Interview

After initial college interview, final interview consisted of three back to back interviews with different people from various parts of the operation. Best interview I have ever had. It was not like a typical interview I had had before, very friendly and open to questions.

Interview Questions

• Situation, Task, Action, Result. (STAR) Make sure you can have situations which you can talk about.   Answer Question

Locomotive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

asked why u wawant to work there safety steel metal locationw illind and where to live in chicago a lot of location and safety answeres it was your usual interview

Associate Engineer-Electrical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Terre Haute, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I first obtained the opportunity through my school's career fair. With a strong background in Power engineering, they invited me for an interview the next day. It was strictly behavioral and very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal work environment.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

Fairly easy interview, general questions asked (i.e. about working in a team, a leadership role you had, a time you failed, how you would handle a particular situation, etc.). Interviewer was nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person, how you handled the situation, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA.

Interview

I first submitted an application online. Then was screened to come in and interview on campus. The recruiter was friendly and they explained SAR techniques to me before the interview began. Very general questions about teamwork and improving processes etc. The interview was pleasant and easy overall. I got an offer to move onto the second round, but I had already accepted an offer with a different company. Easy process, nice people, and sounded like they had a good program for their interns.

Shift Manager - Iron Producing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very professional and thorough. They did a great job of working around my schedule. I was little surprised they did drug testing on the same day as the initial interview. I walked away impressed with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• STAR, STAR, and more STAR. Basically, prepare for STAR questions by thinking of teaming, difficult employees, and various supervisor related issues.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview from a career fair, and within a week I had gotten an offer. It was extremely quick, and painless. One of the fastest offers I've ever received

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest group I worked with for a project? Why were they so difficult?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer-Electrical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burns Harbor, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ArcelorMittal USA (Burns Harbor, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a "Three Round" process where you interview with three different people at three different times. They stick to mostly pre-determined questions where they have one to two options to ask. They record your answers and then rate them on a scale of 1-5 and tally up the total at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for me.