Archdiocese of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I thought the interview went well, but it was very unprofessional how she never respond to my emails (2 of them) just to follow up on the job position. She even stated she will let me know if I got hired or not.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked 1 question. What type of interview is this? She asked me ,...So tell me about you?   Answer Question

Manager of Funds Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a Great interview process and enjoyed talking with the interviewers I just felt I wasn't a good fit for the position. Also think a phone interview would be a good idea to first screen the individuals so that both parties can ask certain questions to help not waste time.

Interview Questions

• How does your current experience make you qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Manager of Operational Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

There were three stages of interview. One by the Finance Director and two by Programs. Gave good idea about the operation. Was helpful to decide if this could be a good fit for the career. I was approached by a recruiter while I was working in a different place. The recruiter gave me hints of what could be some of the questions. Those questions were passed from the org to recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Non-profit? Why are you switching job? Why would we hire you?   Answer Question

Disaster Case Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I received a brief phone call, followed by two interviews. The first interview was with the director of HR, and the second with the director of the social services department.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be the hardest part of this job for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

First met with HR which was a standard interview, then met with three regional director/supervisors who asked questions that were more specific to the work. Keep in mind that there are many politics within the organization, so you may have been a stellar candidate even if they did not make an offer. Contacts matter, so if you know anyone who knows any of the hiring managers, have them make a call for you. A large percentage of people are hired because of a personal referral, mostly because the hiring managers wear many hats and prefer to hire someone who has been recommended personally.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Disaster Case Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

My first interview was in New York City at the head quarters which is a huge, black, glass building. When I arrived, I was directed to the HR floor, was greeted by the receptionist there and was asked to fill out an application. I then proceeded to take a Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency test. The application was fairly short and to the point, asking basic application information. The computer proficiency tests inquired for basic knowledge of the programs and were easy enough for someone who has had little to no training in them, like myself. Upon completion of the tests, I was warmly greeted by the HR Generalist, who seemed very happy to see me and guided me to her office. The interview process went very quickly. She asked me why I was seeking to work for Catholic Charities and we discussed my passion for my faith and my volunteer work. The interview became more of a process of getting to know me, than asking difficult, cookie-cutter questions. By the end of the interview, we were both laughing and I felt very comfortable for an interview. The HR Generalist informed me that I would be receiving a call in the coming weeks for a second interview that would likely take place in Poughkeepsie.
    The second interview went much like the first. The building was an average size brick building in the heart of Poughkeepsie. Upon arriving I was greeted by the wonderful receptionist who contacted the one of the directors of the DCM program there. She came to greet me and took me to her office where we talked more about my volunteer experience and my faith. She explained a little bit about what the Disaster Case Management program was and what the position entailed. Upon the closing of the interview, I was once again informed that I would receive a call for a third interview!

The third interview was with the Client Services Manager and another supervisor for the program. This interview was very informal. At that point the information that I was being given was all I needed to know for starting the job unofficially (because HR had not officially offered it to me yet) They told me where I would be reporting to, who my supervisor would be, and how the job would work.

Over all, the process was long and tedious, but worth it nonetheless!

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult, only surprising to have 3 interviews for 1 job!   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation needed.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly, i was interviewed by two people one being the director of operations and a coordinator. Asked about background experience and how i would handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• You have a phone call and a client whom just walked in which should you assist first?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly standard, including submitting a cover letter and resume, completing an in person application, meeting with HR and the direct supervisor of the position, and providing references.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions - how would you handle X situation if it were to arise   Answer Question

Assistant Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Archdiocese of New York (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

3 interviews over 3 months; they paid for my trips to NYC; friendly and thorough. My first interview was 1:1, second was 2:2 and third 1:1 with the CEO. All were interesting, enjoyable conversations.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would be hardest about this job?   Answer Question