Archstone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Archstone Interview Questions

2.6

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Archstone (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position after seeing an add on Indeed. The entire application was online. They required a sample of a follow up letter I would send to a potential tenant after a tour of the property. ABout a week after I submitted the application I was contacted to come in for an interview. The interview was very standard. They asked about past customer service experience and sales abilities.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you overcame a very difficult experience or obstacle. How did you feel once you had achieved your goal.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Archstone (Englewood, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for a promotion was asked to apply online after getting permission from a new HR rep I had never meet. I had already recieved premission from my supervisor. Took two months to get my inperson interview with a group panel. Only one person out of the four people worked on the team I was applying for the others had no experience with the team but were there to ask basic interview questions. They helped decided on hiring for the position. Another month later I was informed they hired outside the company, someone I would help train.

Interview Questions

• Think about a dilemma what was it and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Archstone (Denver, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

phone interview, then a panel interview. The staff is good and nice, but took forever to hear back from them

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorba Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Archstone (Yorba Linda, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Online application followed by an online test then a scheduled phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How far are you willing to commute?   1 Answer
    • Will you be happy with $10.00 an hour?   1 Answer

Online they offered a salary plus commission and benefits!

Regional Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Archstone (Oakland, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with the internal recruiter. The interview consisted of asking simple questions about my background and about the company. She asked me if I knew who the company was and I noted yes I did do some reading about them, and told her what I found. She then was offended I asked her to share more information about the company with me that I may have not encountered.

She asked me what I made in my past position. I deflected the question as I did not want to reveal a number first. Told her I was open, she insisted I told her what my last salary was. I asked if that was necessary for the interview and she said yes. I did share my range with her, and asked her what the position was budgeted for. She told me it's not policy to share that information. After that, I was appalled and clearly not interested working for this company or with a recruiter who was inexperienced and rude.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Archstone (Englewood, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

Very formal interview process. I did a phone interview with a corporate recruiter and the director of corporate accounting. I then visited the office for a half day for another round of 5 interviews including HR, 2 accountants, the director, and the VP. Each interview was 30 minutes to an hour. The HR interview was very demanding by way of behavioral based questions. All other interviews were more about my technical skills and building rapport.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult situation and be specific about the dialog.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate and accepted the first offer. I would suggest anyone to negotiate as they offered my the exact amount on the bottom end of the salary range I provided. I then found out that the director I would be reporting to took it upon herself to negotiate another $2K in base and $1K in bonus. Always professionally and respectfully negotiate. If you go about it in this manner they will at worst probably say no and not revoke the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Archstone (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

it was the recruiter who called first, then the assistant manager interviewed me, then i had a follow up property manager interview, then a couple of days later i got the call to offer, they then processed my background check, training then on site training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Archstone (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The process went well. I submitted my resume online. They contacted me for an inverview. I arrived a little early. I waited about 10 minutes before they called me into the office. They asked me a series of questions. they were general in nature. They do want to see some type of prior sales ability.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Archstone in February 2011.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview and 1 hour face-to-face interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Archstone (Arlington, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Very comfortable and suprisingly pleasant experience. Not a fan of interviews, but who is. Regardless, this was a very painless experience. I felt very welcomed and enjoyed speaking to every Archstone associate I encountered along the way. I would recommend that every applicant review their website as in depth as possible.