Ardene Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ardene Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Ardene

1.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Ardene (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

This was probably the worst interview I have ever had. I had two interviewers in the middle on the mall and they both had to read the interview questions off of a books of sheets, it was quite evident they had not interviewed many times in the past. She fired off questions after question, rather than conduct the interview in a conversation style.

Interview Questions

• This store already employs many girls. Will you be comfortable stepping in and being their direct superior?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ardene

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ardene in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call about a week and a half later.
    Went in for an interview. Seemed to go great. She told me she had a couple more interviews scheduled but she felt I was fit for the job. Even called me the next day to tell me what my schedule would look like.. but then said she had one more interview to do and she'd call me Friday. She didn't end up calling. I called the store and she said I'd get a call on Monday to speak more about the job and about the next step in the interview process. By 5pm Monday I hadn't gotten a call, so I called in to be told that they went with someone else and that if there were ANY openings they wanted me there.
    Then a day later they posted for sales associates.
    Guess they didn't need me that bad.
    Why explain the job in so much detail and get my hopes up just to make me wait a week for nothing?
    Very rude and unprofessional. I wouldn't even work for them if they called me now. Not worth it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ardene (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Called in for interview with store manager to meet face to face
    second phone call interview with head office
    job offer and on-boarding emails accepted
    Hiring process took 2 weeks
    Because of previous experience with conducting interviews, both interviews were very simple and easy for me to answer
    When submitting application online they request for skills test. Wanted to know how you feel about situations that can arise and what you would do

Interview Questions

• What are the duties of an assistant manager   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ardene.

Interview

You must apply online. Once you pass the preliminary online process then you will be asked for an interview. The interview will be conducted professionally in the back storage room by the manager. One of the most important questions they ask is about customer service and how to deal with someone caught stealing...

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ardene (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Hiring:
    - I applied online
    - Process was very quick. I received a phone call within a week after applying online. (Phone call on a Wednesday)

Interview:
    - Met with District Supervisor within two days (Friday) 5th
    - Interview was held in the Store's Backroom
    - First interview was very quick
    - The next day was called and asked to come in the following Wednesday (10th) and to meet with the Store Manager. On the Thursday was asked to have a telephone interview with HR
    - The Friday (12th) had my phone interview and that same day was offered the position an hour after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one question management can not ask an applicant?   1 Answer
    • How would you train health and safety to your staff?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a staff or customer were caught stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations needed as I was very pleased with the offer. The experience overall was great and I am very excited to start

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ardene (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The overall interview was easy.. because they interviewed me for a position I didn't even apply for. Applied for assistant manager at one location, but when HR called me for the interview and asked me where I'm located, they told me I was closer to a different location and told me I could have the interview there. So I went there and had my interview for a sales associate position which is easy and has standard interview questions. Didn't realize until I was home and interviewer called and said "the full time associate position is filled, are you interested in part time?" So of course I said no. Honestly peeved by the lack of communication between HR and this location about the positions they were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficulty you faced at previous job and how did you solve this issue?   Answer Question