Dell Interview Question: Are you more of a hunter or a... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Account Manager Interview Round Rock, TX

Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer ?

Tags:
sales, creative, occupational therapist, macintosh minded
Answer

Interview Answer

24 Answers

Neither, I'm the chief

Calvin on Jan 21, 2014

I'm a gatherer of new ideas and a hunter of old obsolete ones.

Mike on Jan 21, 2014

Trick question, I hunt the gatherers, and steal from the hunters.

Nick on Jan 21, 2014

I'm the hunter. Now go gather me some wood if you want to eat! (Collaboration.)

Celia on Jan 21, 2014

Why are you using THAT OS? I am neither. See my new job title.

Sandra M Kristal on Jan 21, 2014

I am your leader, Go suck on that!

Sandy Kristal on Jan 21, 2014

Oh are those new business lines you are hiring for?

Phil on Jan 21, 2014

I hunt down history to learn from the mistakes of others, and gather New Ideas!

Soraya on Jan 21, 2014

Well, if you like chicken nuggets you are neither and both. You don't really hunt chickens, but you don't really gather them the way you do berries and veggies. And I like chicken nuggets, so I really can't give you a clear answer.

w3techie on Jan 21, 2014

It is actually a nice question . Hunters are "designed" to stay focused for a long time on a single task and to do it well ,gatherers are capable of multitasking but they don't go deep into their tasks . So i guess the answer depends on the job description

GM on Jan 22, 2014

I am a gatherer when my counterpart is a hunter, I am a hunter when my counterpart is a gatherer. Balance.

msr on Jan 22, 2014

neither...i'm matter-er...

=z= on Jan 22, 2014

I would consider myself more of a woman. I don't really do much, I kinda just sit around waiting for food to be brought to me. And then of course I get my little butt back in that kitchen, because as we all know, that's where I belong .

Jeannie on Jan 22, 2014

Hunter, but I use opportunities as they come.

C Magnus on Jan 22, 2014

Yes. I gather what I hunt down.

Anonymous on Jan 22, 2014

Neither - I call the shots

Anonymous on Jan 23, 2014

I'm the planner - the hunter and the gatherer do what I tell them to do and follow my plan

Anonymous on Jan 23, 2014

Well, my name is actually Hunter, so that pretty much answers that one... Next question please...

Hunter on Jan 24, 2014

I am a witness between hunter & gatherer to act and take dicision for future action.

kulasekhara on Jan 27, 2014

Simple iam a HUNTER .. why to give balah blaahh answrzz

SHABIN SAJAN on Jan 27, 2014

a hunter. Because I was always trying to figure out something that I want to know nd always learn to master

Adikin on Feb 2, 2014

I would like to hunt new ideas by gathering the information that is already present.

Taresh on Apr 30, 2017

This is the digital age isn't it? I use Alexa to order my groceries and I gather my daily needs via various feeds!

Nitin P on Jul 2, 2017

I am more of a hunter. Why? I feel like a gather collects to get where he wants or the things he wants. A hunter on the other hand goes on and get what he wants much faster. This is sort of like a survival game. A gather will take forever to achieve what he really wants while the hunter just takes from what people already have. A hunter in a sales floor is constantly learning from mistakes and experience while the gather depends on sitting back and receiving advice from hunters or other people. Gatherers don't get things done.

Richard Cornejo on Apr 9, 2018

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.