Argus Information & Advisory Services Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone in the beginning and called me for in person. While having phone interview , I have clearly mentioned them I'm recent graduate and don't have hands on skills in SQL. Unfortunately, there were some interviewers, they didn't even look at my profile and started asking me questions from Hard Core SQL. Even though I was applied for junior position. This was bad experience ever with this company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions for the SQL developer position but I was applied for a Jr. Position. Never seen this type of company before.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Argus Information & Advisory Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1 onsite – 1st was behavioral, 2nd asked case study question (e.g. how much credit card expenditure in a year in the US) and then 1 onsite with 4 hour long interviews. Questions are similar to others described here (case study, credit card industry questions) with one interviewer throwing in curveballs (describe credit card company P&L, difference between OLS and logistic regression, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between Risk & Return?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

phone screening followed by in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process consists of 1 phone interview and 1 onsite interview. The phone interview is about technical expertise and onsite interview is about a case study and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

They had a total of four people interviewing each applicant, one is from HR and the rest are analysts. They gave several case interviews specific to the credit card industry. If you could, make sure you do extensive research on the industry, and think about questions such as what kind of people are most likely to occur credit card fees, how to identify them, etc. They also had a few brain teasers. They are easy as long as you still have a sharp mind after hours of interview. Also, go over your statistical knowledge such as R^2=1-SSE/SSTO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent quantitative research project.   1 Answer
    • How many balls of radius 10cm would fit in this room?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in May 2014.

Interview

I went through 3 phone calls and got an offer in a week. The interviews included basic personal experience, expectation on future job, industry knowledge, and a case. The company will consider you for different positions and ask about your preference.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your experience which indicated that you fit in the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY).

Interview

The Hiring Process starts with a phone call from HR where they ask some general questions like "Why Argus?", etc etc. From there, a in site interview will be scheduled. If you drive to the office, they cover your parking expense which is great. If you take other means of transportation, you can get reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• The questions fall under 3 categories:
      1. The General/ Basic interview questions: Strengths/weakness, Tell me about yourself, Why this company?, Why this specific role?, etc etc
      2. Behavioral Questions: What would you do if you were in this particular situation...?, How would you handle this situation...?
      3. Questions where they test how you think: Might be computational but its not about getting it right or wrong. They just want to know your thought process.
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Then scheduled a skype interview with 3 members of the team.
    Basic questions about your resume and projects. Then a series of SQL questions about different statements

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview: ask about project experience on resume
    Onsite interview: met with 4 people from senior analyst to senior manager, been asked with all types of questions: resume, project, SQL, credit card, risk, and etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the first month market demand in the U.S for the new iphone?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2011.

Interview

It was a positive experience. I was asked about joins

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation done