Argus Information & Advisory Services Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

phone interview, then onsite interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Argus Information & Advisory Services

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in January 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 6 back to back 1:1 interviews, the last two being case interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many traffic lights in Manhattan?   12 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation possible regarding money. very flexible regarding paperwork, timing and sponsoring work visas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Was called unexpectedly during the middle of the day for a phone screening, the HR representative started off asking a little about my background and education, mostly to verify if my candidacy was at all relevant it seemed and maybe to look out for any red flags since it wasn't a particularly thorough line of questioning. Then moved on to my motivation for applying. Then set something up with the hiring manager for the following week.

Hiring manager wasn't particularly enthusiastic from the get-go but wasn't negative either, asked about my experience, this time to get an idea of whether it would be an asset for the position and team it seemed, asked about my motivation for applying specifically to the company, then finished by asking a mental math market sizing question before allowing any questions I might have had.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in December 2007.

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview, read up on the website and learn about teams

Step2: Onsite visit consisted of 1:1 with managing director, VP and manager - mostly puzzles and behavioural questions
    Details: Lookout for what if you were given a task like X , how would you approach it.
                   upate self with credit card issuers, proceses etc

Step3: HR round

Interview Questions

• Tell me how did you handle a situation where you had to solve difference of opinions between two people reporting to you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done, though others did get a higher pay scale and assured bonuses!

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview
    Face to face interview with case studies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

After the Phone Interview , if you selected they will call for in office interview

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in August 2010.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. They called me up an scheduled a phone interview which was on SQL for the technical side and more about what you know about the company. Got a call to attend F2F interview the following week. Yet to appear for it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in October 2010.

Interview

Went through my resume and asked basic questions, like work history, why do you want to work for Argus, etc. The interview also consisted of a basic case study

Interview Questions

• Case question: What is the market size for broadband internet in the early 90's   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

It was telephonic interview asking general question......:)

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about argus information   1 Answer
    • Do you have any handon database experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I had three one on one interviews. They all combined case study, resume and fit questions. They are very interested in you knowing about how credit card companies work, how they make money, and what their expenses are.

The first interviewer's case study was about how much credit card companies make per person, per year. The interviewer walked me through the case study but kept using "insider" terms for things that I did not know, when a simpler term would have sufficed.

The second interviewer's case study was to determine how many light bulbs are sold in the united states in a year.

The third interviewer's case study was about what groups would be the most profitable to a credit card company. I was given four groups with information about their credit card habits and was then asked questions about these groups.

The resume and fit questions were the usual things. "Why do you want to work at Argus?", "Tell me about this part of your resume", "Do you have any programming experience?"

Interview Questions

• How many light bulbs are sold to households in the United States in a year?   2 Answers
    • Which of these groups is the most profitable for a credit card company?

Group One: Uses the credit card a lot but never carries over a balance.

Group Two: Uses the credit card a lot and carries over a balance every month.

Group Three: Uses the credit card occasionally and carries over a balance every month.

Group Four: Never uses the credit card.   1 Answer