Argus Information & Advisory Services Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in March 2011.

Interview

It was a positive experience. I was asked about joins

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation done

Other Interview Reviews for Argus Information & Advisory Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

They had a total of four people interviewing each applicant, one is from HR and the rest are analysts. They gave several case interviews specific to the credit card industry. If you could, make sure you do extensive research on the industry, and think about questions such as what kind of people are most likely to occur credit card fees, how to identify them, etc. They also had a few brain teasers. They are easy as long as you still have a sharp mind after hours of interview. Also, go over your statistical knowledge such as R^2=1-SSE/SSTO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent quantitative research project.   1 Answer
    • How many balls of radius 10cm would fit in this room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I had three one on one interviews. They all combined case study, resume and fit questions. They are very interested in you knowing about how credit card companies work, how they make money, and what their expenses are.

The first interviewer's case study was about how much credit card companies make per person, per year. The interviewer walked me through the case study but kept using "insider" terms for things that I did not know, when a simpler term would have sufficed.

The second interviewer's case study was to determine how many light bulbs are sold in the united states in a year.

The third interviewer's case study was about what groups would be the most profitable to a credit card company. I was given four groups with information about their credit card habits and was then asked questions about these groups.

The resume and fit questions were the usual things. "Why do you want to work at Argus?", "Tell me about this part of your resume", "Do you have any programming experience?"

Interview Questions

• How many light bulbs are sold to households in the United States in a year?   2 Answers
    • Which of these groups is the most profitable for a credit card company?

Group One: Uses the credit card a lot but never carries over a balance.

Group Two: Uses the credit card a lot and carries over a balance every month.

Group Three: Uses the credit card occasionally and carries over a balance every month.

Group Four: Never uses the credit card.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

It was telephonic interview asking general question......:)

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about argus information   1 Answer
    • Do you have any handon database experience   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in October 2010.

Interview

Went through my resume and asked basic questions, like work history, why do you want to work for Argus, etc. The interview also consisted of a basic case study

Interview Questions

• Case question: What is the market size for broadband internet in the early 90's   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in August 2010.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. They called me up an scheduled a phone interview which was on SQL for the technical side and more about what you know about the company. Got a call to attend F2F interview the following week. Yet to appear for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

After the Phone Interview , if you selected they will call for in office interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone Interview
    Face to face interview with case studies

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in January 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 6 back to back 1:1 interviews, the last two being case interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many traffic lights in Manhattan?   12 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation possible regarding money. very flexible regarding paperwork, timing and sponsoring work visas.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in December 2007.

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview, read up on the website and learn about teams

Step2: Onsite visit consisted of 1:1 with managing director, VP and manager - mostly puzzles and behavioural questions
    Details: Lookout for what if you were given a task like X , how would you approach it.
                   upate self with credit card issuers, proceses etc

Step3: HR round

Interview Questions

• Tell me how did you handle a situation where you had to solve difference of opinions between two people reporting to you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done, though others did get a higher pay scale and assured bonuses!