Argus Information & Advisory Services Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone call with behavioral questions. Then there was a Skype interview with three managers. They asked some questions about my past experiences as well as a market sizing question.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many cups of coffee are sold in Manhattan in one day.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Argus Information & Advisory Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to the intern position online and I received a phone call from someone in HR. We discussed about my background and the position requirements. Later, I was interviewed by 3 different managers. Each interview was for 30 minutes. All the interviews were conducted on Skype. Interviews focused solely on SQL, databases and my experience. I received a phone call a week later to discuss the offer. I declined this offer because I had a better offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Questions in all three interviews were mostly based on SQL, databases, joins and advanced SQL   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round was with an HR in which they just ask you about your Resume.
    The second round is usually with a Manager. The one i spoke to was not very receptive. But he had some puzzles, etc to ask!

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum number of times you would switch on the light if you had to pull out a pair of socks from a drawer that had an equal number of white and black socks in a dark room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, got an email asking to set up a time for a phone interview, which went well. After that, I had to go in for an actual interview with the team leader that I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• You are given two ropes of equal length. It will take an hour to burn one rope completely. You need to tell when 45 mins are up.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The process took two weeks. First I received a call from HR and ask me basic informations, such as when I could start, etc. Then I was arranged to interview with 2 teams, 2 interviewers each. Each of them took half hour. The interview questions were not hard and mostly focus on SQL and brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between left join and right join?
      How many traffic lights in Manhattan?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY).

Interview

They dont ask too many questions for interns. All they will ask are sql question and simple behavior questions, none of them is hard. You can go to w3school and easily get prepared

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

I got a quick 30 minute phone screen which I wasn't too worried about. The interviewer had just started at the company so he did not have legitimate answers to my questions. He asked me to solve a riddle but he spent so much time explaining the rules that the question alone took up most of the half hour. From the minute he picked up the phone his tone was as dry and uninterested as possible and he sighed multiple times. I have heard that Argus has a tendency to have new employees administer these interviews and I think it is a mistake.

Interview Questions

• There are 4 people trying to cross a bridge. The bridge has holes so you need a flashlight to cross. Each person takes a different amount of time to cross and you need to decide what order they go in so that they can transfer the flashlight to one another.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy. In HR Round they went through my resume and asked about my future plans. In technical interview they asked me SQL related queries and also about my past experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume via campus website. Someone from the HR called to schedule a phone interview. Then, had the phone interview. The interviewer asked some personality-fit question, then there was an analytical problem to solve. This wasn't hard. Then there was a brain teaser and then more personality fit questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the brain teasers was difficult. It was something like: if there are 2 white socks and 8 black socks in a dark drawer, how many would you have to pick out to make sure you get at least pair.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY).

Interview

1 Telephonic Interview, 2 Skype Interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation