Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my college career portal. The company emailed me the same week to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen was basic stuff just about availability and school. They called me back later the same day to invite me in next week.

At the office I interviewed 1:1 with three different hiring managers from three different teams. Basic SQL questions you can find by googling SQL interview questions, basic riddles, minor behavior questions. Overall was an easy and smooth interview process.

Yearlong Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a good experience being interviewed for this role. It was a 20 minutes telephonic interview.
    The interviewer asked me about my projects related to SQL. What was it about? How much did I contribute to it?
    The overall interview was smooth and basically is was a resume walk through.
    They have three rounds I believe.. Phone screening, then in person interview.

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career portal. Got a phone interview call which was just introductory. During the call itself, the HR invited me to an onsite interview the very next day (I agreed because I was free)

This was when I decided to check Glassdoor reviews for Argus, and I was shocked. I immediately lost interest in working here, but still went prepared for the interview because I didn't have an internship then. I decided to ask the HR during the onsite interview why the Glassdoor reviews are so pathetic.

Now the actual interview process. I was interviewed by 3 managers, 30 minutes each. First guy was super young, almost seemed like I was his first ever interview. He didn't know what to ask, just went through my resume. I got done with this guy in 15 minutes.

The next interviewer was decent, asked relevant SQL questions and resume based questions. The questions were very basic, like the kinds you find when you google "SQL Interview Questions"

The third interviewer seemed like a senior manager, middle aged. He couldn't understand one of my projects and wasted 20 minutes arguing with me about it unnecessarily. He, like the second guy, asked generic SQL questions and cliched puzzles like counting time with candles.

The overall feel of the place, just walking through it, was depressing. I could literally sense a "lol don't come to work here" vibe from a few of them who looked at me walking around.

Thankfully for me, I had an interview process going simultaneously at a startup, where everything was SO different and SO much better.

They offered me an internship 2 weeks later with an absolutely pathetic offer (less than half of what the startup is paying me) and considering this company is in White Plains, I wonder why anyone would consider it. Seemed like a joke offer, a company that doesn't value it's employees at all.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

The interview process was very seamless. The team was very informative, and answered all of my questions. They seemed genuinely interested in my background and how I be a fit for the organization.

Associate Interview

Interview

I had phone interview with HR, then Skype interview with many people, I applied from another city, so I did not do in person interview, interviewers are very nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• I dont remember, questions were very generic, nothing too hard, I was asked a logic question, which was kind of hard   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

First round was Phone interview and then on-site interview which took 3 hours after a couple of weeks. The interviewers are 3 team members and team lead. Technical questions from team members and goring through resume with team lead.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (Middletown, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

On-campus interview with school alumnus followed by an on-site interview. Argus was accommodating in switching my on-site interview to a Skype interview when I could not make it to the office due to snowy conditions on the scheduled day of my interview. Received the offer within a week of my Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• You have a deck of shuffled cards. What is the probability of pulling a certain sequence from the deck without replacement? Does the probability of pulling this sequence increase, decrease, or the same when two packs of cards are combined and shuffled?   1 Answer

Client & Modeling Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a brief and unexpected 15 minute HR interview, following that there was a second round interview about a week later. I did it over skype and spoke to three different upper level management persons, for about 45 minutes each

Interview Questions

• How have you approached difficult workplace environments in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job board. HR recruiter got in touch with me about a week later to setup a phone interview. Then she scheduled me for a phone interview with a manager for the next day. Manager calls the next day, only to say he needs to reschedule so we reschedule for the same day but a couple of hours later because he says he's traveling. He calls back (and is still traveling) he says he hasn't even read my resume. I assume that also means he hasn't read through my Linkedin profile. It's so dumb to do an interview without reading up on a candidate. If a candidate showed up to an interview with no knowledge of the company or position that would not end well for the candidate, would it?

Interview Questions

• What is the sum of all numbers from 1-50?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

3 1 hour interviews - seemed like a very casual conversation but not so much so.

Discussion about what business they wanted to get into. They had no problem asking me my thoughts on a business i had not worked directly so.

They gave me different opinions on what the responsibilities of the role were.