Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

First round was Phone interview and then on-site interview which took 3 hours after a couple of weeks. The interviewers are 3 team members and team lead. Technical questions from team members and goring through resume with team lead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job board. HR recruiter got in touch with me about a week later to setup a phone interview. Then she scheduled me for a phone interview with a manager for the next day. Manager calls the next day, only to say he needs to reschedule so we reschedule for the same day but a couple of hours later because he says he's traveling. He calls back (and is still traveling) he says he hasn't even read my resume. I assume that also means he hasn't read through my Linkedin profile. It's so dumb to do an interview without reading up on a candidate. If a candidate showed up to an interview with no knowledge of the company or position that would not end well for the candidate, would it?

Interview Questions

• What is the sum of all numbers from 1-50?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

3 1 hour interviews - seemed like a very casual conversation but not so much so.

Discussion about what business they wanted to get into. They had no problem asking me my thoughts on a business i had not worked directly so.

They gave me different opinions on what the responsibilities of the role were.

Data Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

Met at University career fair. Had a one hour phone interview about my technical skill set and motivations. Went to company office and had 3 one hour interviews. They were all a mix of technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Questions about credit card industry and some statistical questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1 onsite – 1st was behavioral, 2nd asked case study question (e.g. how much credit card expenditure in a year in the US) and then 1 onsite with 4 hour long interviews. Questions are similar to others described here (case study, credit card industry questions) with one interviewer throwing in curveballs (describe credit card company P&L, difference between OLS and logistic regression, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between Risk & Return?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (Ithaca, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I went to our university career fair and talked with the recruiter. She was interested in the my work experience and projects. She passed my resume to the HR and the HR scheduled a phone interview. During the interview I introduced myself first and went through my resume. The interviewer talked about what he did in the company and their teams.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked a lot of very tech problems, especially about cleaning messy data because most of their work was to clean dirty data of credit cards. The job he told me was different from the description and what I expected.   Answer Question

Modeling Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in August 2016.

Interview

The overall experience is bad, bcuz the HR recruiter sucks and no respect.
    Applied online in the end of August, then 3 days later the recruiter contacted me for the 1st round of interview schedule with Associate Manager in the Modeling team, the recruiter is bad and keep yawning in the phone.

The 1st round interview is technical based on statistics and your project experience about machine learning and statistical hypothesis test, and also a puzzle in the end. The puzzle is hard but is open-minded.

After two days, the recruiter contacted me that I passed the 1st round, and said will schedule with me for the next round onsite interview after two weeks because they have high priority to do at that time. I waited for 2 weeks but no responses. I follow up with HR via email, but no response, so I called her, she even forgot I passed the 1st round of interview, and asked me to wait until the end of September because they are busy with campus events. She guaranteed will schedule with me before October.

I waited for 2 more weeks......I followed up with email, no response again, no response on phone calling. The company is not like it discribed on Linkedin, not very friendly. Whatever, I got the offer from fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions

• Test two group of sample, which hypothesis test? what if the same sample?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Was called unexpectedly during the middle of the day for a phone screening, the HR representative started off asking a little about my background and education, mostly to verify if my candidacy was at all relevant it seemed and maybe to look out for any red flags since it wasn't a particularly thorough line of questioning. Then moved on to my motivation for applying. Then set something up with the hiring manager for the following week.

Hiring manager wasn't particularly enthusiastic from the get-go but wasn't negative either, asked about my experience, this time to get an idea of whether it would be an asset for the position and team it seemed, asked about my motivation for applying specifically to the company, then finished by asking a mental math market sizing question before allowing any questions I might have had.

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I saw this opening from our university's career site, and I applied on Argus website. I heard back from the HR within a week. Had an initial phone screen with HR and got the opportunity to have the second phone interview with the manager on the same day. Two days after the phone interview I got the final round Skype interview. I talked with 4 people within the team including principal, senior managers and associate analyst. The final round took 2.5h and I had 4 back-to-back interview with team members. After that I got an additional phone interview with another team member after a week. And a week later the HR called me with an offer. Overall the whole hiring process is very professional and efficient. People at Argus are really nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions such as: Why Argus? Why this position? What's your short term and long term career goal? Describe a quantitative/analytics project.

Behavioral questions.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round was with an HR in which they just ask you about your Resume.
    The second round is usually with a Manager. The one i spoke to was not very receptive. But he had some puzzles, etc to ask!

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum number of times you would switch on the light if you had to pull out a pair of socks from a drawer that had an equal number of white and black socks in a dark room?   1 Answer