Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone in the beginning and called me for in person. While having phone interview , I have clearly mentioned them I'm recent graduate and don't have hands on skills in SQL. Unfortunately, there were some interviewers, they didn't even look at my profile and started asking me questions from Hard Core SQL. Even though I was applied for junior position. This was bad experience ever with this company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions for the SQL developer position but I was applied for a Jr. Position. Never seen this type of company before.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job board. HR recruiter got in touch with me about a week later to setup a phone interview. Then she scheduled me for a phone interview with a manager for the next day. Manager calls the next day, only to say he needs to reschedule so we reschedule for the same day but a couple of hours later because he says he's traveling. He calls back (and is still traveling) he says he hasn't even read my resume. I assume that also means he hasn't read through my Linkedin profile. It's so dumb to do an interview without reading up on a candidate. If a candidate showed up to an interview with no knowledge of the company or position that would not end well for the candidate, would it?

Interview Questions

• What is the sum of all numbers from 1-50?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1 onsite – 1st was behavioral, 2nd asked case study question (e.g. how much credit card expenditure in a year in the US) and then 1 onsite with 4 hour long interviews. Questions are similar to others described here (case study, credit card industry questions) with one interviewer throwing in curveballs (describe credit card company P&L, difference between OLS and logistic regression, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between Risk & Return?   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screening, then a conversation with an employee, then a guesstimation question, then finally a skype interview where you meet with 4 members of the team (one being the HR recruiter). The first person was really condescending.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of wedding dresses sold in the U.S in 2014.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

Applied through school career site. Got a call after a week to set up an interview. Met with 3 team leaders individually. Questions were mostly technical and what you know. They also asked for examples and definitions about SQL queries since it was for an IT position. They also asked for a lot of examples of your work. A few behavioral questions and how well you work on a team.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about someone having a different opinion than you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

I got a quick 30 minute phone screen which I wasn't too worried about. The interviewer had just started at the company so he did not have legitimate answers to my questions. He asked me to solve a riddle but he spent so much time explaining the rules that the question alone took up most of the half hour. From the minute he picked up the phone his tone was as dry and uninterested as possible and he sighed multiple times. I have heard that Argus has a tendency to have new employees administer these interviews and I think it is a mistake.

Interview Questions

• There are 4 people trying to cross a bridge. The bridge has holes so you need a flashlight to cross. Each person takes a different amount of time to cross and you need to decide what order they go in so that they can transfer the flashlight to one another.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through career center website and got a first round phone interview. I was asked about my previous experience, in forms of behavior questions. Then I was asked to estimate the total flight number in one day in US. I talked about how I would estimate the number and gave a roughly guess.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY).

Interview

Applied online and then was asked for a phone interview and then about a week later had Skype interview, would have been in person if i was closer to the actual office. During the Skype interview i talked to 3 different employees and then talked to their HR process about how the interview went. The interview block scheduled was 2 hours, i talked to each person for between 20-30 minutes. I was asked critical thing questions, about the credit card industries, my strengths and weaknesses, and if i had ever used Microsoft SQL before

Interview Questions

• a lot of critical thinking questions. Like if you burned a rope from 2 sides how would you know when to stop when there was only 1/3 the rope that was not burned.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY).

Interview

I applied through college career website. Received call within 2 weeks. The first HR round was 30 min with questions about background, projects, etc.

Was called for face-to-face interview. Had three interviews of about 30 mins each with team lead and Managers. In first interview I was asked a lot of questions about the project I had done in my college and previous company. I was also given some SQL queries & math puzzles to solve. The Interviewer was not very friendly. The second round was mostly about the technical skills. Lot of questions about SQL were asked. Also some brain teasers were asked. The second interviewer was really friendly and guided me towards the right answer. The third and the last Behavioral interview was the worst! It was with the Manager who was very arrogant and disinterested in taking the interview! He asked questions about SQL first. When I answered, he tried to confuse a simple concept of unique key. When I explained him that, he used his own terms and explained me the same thing. Questions about no. crunching and estimation were asked. He interrupted every time I spoke and showed a very bad attitude! Its very rare that you come across such unhappy and arrogant interviewer.

Overall I could answer everything, but was sure from last interview that I would not receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• Following questions were asked:
      Tell me about a time when you worked on multiple projects
      SQL queries all basic and advance - Select, Inner join, Sub-query, nested queries
      SQL query was given and asked if it was good or can be improved for performance
      Socks drawer brain teaser
      Some math puzzle of adding digit 8 certain no. of times to get 1000 and some conditions were given
      How many flights fly out of JFK everyday
      How many golf ball will fit in this room
      Tell me every step of data analysis   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

phone screening followed by in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation