Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career portal. Got a phone interview call which was just introductory. During the call itself, the HR invited me to an onsite interview the very next day (I agreed because I was free)

This was when I decided to check Glassdoor reviews for Argus, and I was shocked. I immediately lost interest in working here, but still went prepared for the interview because I didn't have an internship then. I decided to ask the HR during the onsite interview why the Glassdoor reviews are so pathetic.

Now the actual interview process. I was interviewed by 3 managers, 30 minutes each. First guy was super young, almost seemed like I was his first ever interview. He didn't know what to ask, just went through my resume. I got done with this guy in 15 minutes.

The next interviewer was decent, asked relevant SQL questions and resume based questions. The questions were very basic, like the kinds you find when you google "SQL Interview Questions"

The third interviewer seemed like a senior manager, middle aged. He couldn't understand one of my projects and wasted 20 minutes arguing with me about it unnecessarily. He, like the second guy, asked generic SQL questions and cliched puzzles like counting time with candles.

The overall feel of the place, just walking through it, was depressing. I could literally sense a "lol don't come to work here" vibe from a few of them who looked at me walking around.

Thankfully for me, I had an interview process going simultaneously at a startup, where everything was SO different and SO much better.

They offered me an internship 2 weeks later with an absolutely pathetic offer (less than half of what the startup is paying me) and considering this company is in White Plains, I wonder why anyone would consider it. Seemed like a joke offer, a company that doesn't value it's employees at all.

Associate Interview

Interview

I had phone interview with HR, then Skype interview with many people, I applied from another city, so I did not do in person interview, interviewers are very nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• I dont remember, questions were very generic, nothing too hard, I was asked a logic question, which was kind of hard   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

The interview process was very seamless. The team was very informative, and answered all of my questions. They seemed genuinely interested in my background and how I be a fit for the organization.

Consulting Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty good, had 1 on campus interview, then followed by an office interview with 4 professionals and 1 with the recruiter. The interview with the professionals were rather unstructured, allowing you to have a nice conversation a develop a connection with the interviewers. Overall positive experience with the interviewers and the recruiters. However, the company was very slow with the reimbursement for travel expenses to the interview. Had to send a lot of emails, and it took 4 months for them to finally send a check for the reimbursement.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

First round was Phone interview and then on-site interview which took 3 hours after a couple of weeks. The interviewers are 3 team members and team lead. Technical questions from team members and goring through resume with team lead.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Was asked to come in and interview. I had three back to back interviews with two analysts and the HR person. It was not too difficult. Some brain teasers were the hardest part. Just stay calm and collected. It is more a test of confidence. Just verbalize your means of approaching the teaser

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone call with behavioral questions. Then there was a Skype interview with three managers. They asked some questions about my past experiences as well as a market sizing question.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many cups of coffee are sold in Manhattan in one day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job board. HR recruiter got in touch with me about a week later to setup a phone interview. Then she scheduled me for a phone interview with a manager for the next day. Manager calls the next day, only to say he needs to reschedule so we reschedule for the same day but a couple of hours later because he says he's traveling. He calls back (and is still traveling) he says he hasn't even read my resume. I assume that also means he hasn't read through my Linkedin profile. It's so dumb to do an interview without reading up on a candidate. If a candidate showed up to an interview with no knowledge of the company or position that would not end well for the candidate, would it?

Interview Questions

• What is the sum of all numbers from 1-50?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

3 1 hour interviews - seemed like a very casual conversation but not so much so.

Discussion about what business they wanted to get into. They had no problem asking me my thoughts on a business i had not worked directly so.

They gave me different opinions on what the responsibilities of the role were.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1 onsite – 1st was behavioral, 2nd asked case study question (e.g. how much credit card expenditure in a year in the US) and then 1 onsite with 4 hour long interviews. Questions are similar to others described here (case study, credit card industry questions) with one interviewer throwing in curveballs (describe credit card company P&L, difference between OLS and logistic regression, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between Risk & Return?   1 Answer