Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online (LinkedIn), received a phone interview within a couple of days, but the interviewer didn't call at the scheduled time. After a few attempts to reach the interviewer, the HR reached out to me in about 10 days and scheduled a phone interview. The interview was very short, hardly 10-15mins just discussing past experience. I was immediately asked for a next round which would be taken by the hiring manager and that was held in the next few days over the phone.
    Prepare for SQL very well on this round. You will be tested on SQL concepts and asked to write a few queries.
    One random probability question
    One question on credit cards
    One question on market sizing

Interview Questions

• Union vs Union All   Answer Question
    • Explain the different types of join   Answer Question
    • One query on join (using IS NULL)   Answer Question
    • Table has rows having 0s and 1s. How would you replace all 0s with 3 and 1s with 4   1 Answer
    • A view is created from a table, when the view is updated, does the table get updated as well?   Answer Question
    • Find employee names beginning with A   Answer Question
    • How would you display 'hew' when you have field value 'Mathew'?   Answer Question
    • How would you find 2nd highest salary of an employee?   Answer Question
    • Rank vs DenseRank   Answer Question
    • What is the use of RowValue? Explain a scenario where it could be used.   Answer Question
    • What is the use of group by? Explain a scenario where it could be used.   Answer Question
    • How many people drink coffee in the US?   Answer Question
    • If I have 6white and 6 black socks in a back (identical) and I pull one sock out at a time, in how many tries will I get either 2 black or 2 white socks?   Answer Question
    • Describe the order of SQL statements   Answer Question

Client & Modeling Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a brief and unexpected 15 minute HR interview, following that there was a second round interview about a week later. I did it over skype and spoke to three different upper level management persons, for about 45 minutes each

Interview Questions

• How have you approached difficult workplace environments in the past?   Answer Question

Yearlong Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a good experience being interviewed for this role. It was a 20 minutes telephonic interview.
    The interviewer asked me about my projects related to SQL. What was it about? How much did I contribute to it?
    The overall interview was smooth and basically is was a resume walk through.
    They have three rounds I believe.. Phone screening, then in person interview.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (Middletown, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

On-campus interview with school alumnus followed by an on-site interview. Argus was accommodating in switching my on-site interview to a Skype interview when I could not make it to the office due to snowy conditions on the scheduled day of my interview. Received the offer within a week of my Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• You have a deck of shuffled cards. What is the probability of pulling a certain sequence from the deck without replacement? Does the probability of pulling this sequence increase, decrease, or the same when two packs of cards are combined and shuffled?   1 Answer

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my college career portal. The company emailed me the same week to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen was basic stuff just about availability and school. They called me back later the same day to invite me in next week.

At the office I interviewed 1:1 with three different hiring managers from three different teams. Basic SQL questions you can find by googling SQL interview questions, basic riddles, minor behavior questions. Overall was an easy and smooth interview process.

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (White Plains, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career portal. Got a phone interview call which was just introductory. During the call itself, the HR invited me to an onsite interview the very next day (I agreed because I was free)

This was when I decided to check Glassdoor reviews for Argus, and I was shocked. I immediately lost interest in working here, but still went prepared for the interview because I didn't have an internship then. I decided to ask the HR during the onsite interview why the Glassdoor reviews are so pathetic.

Now the actual interview process. I was interviewed by 3 managers, 30 minutes each. First guy was super young, almost seemed like I was his first ever interview. He didn't know what to ask, just went through my resume. I got done with this guy in 15 minutes.

The next interviewer was decent, asked relevant SQL questions and resume based questions. The questions were very basic, like the kinds you find when you google "SQL Interview Questions"

The third interviewer seemed like a senior manager, middle aged. He couldn't understand one of my projects and wasted 20 minutes arguing with me about it unnecessarily. He, like the second guy, asked generic SQL questions and cliched puzzles like counting time with candles.

The overall feel of the place, just walking through it, was depressing. I could literally sense a "lol don't come to work here" vibe from a few of them who looked at me walking around.

Thankfully for me, I had an interview process going simultaneously at a startup, where everything was SO different and SO much better.

They offered me an internship 2 weeks later with an absolutely pathetic offer (less than half of what the startup is paying me) and considering this company is in White Plains, I wonder why anyone would consider it. Seemed like a joke offer, a company that doesn't value it's employees at all.

Associate Interview

Interview

I had phone interview with HR, then Skype interview with many people, I applied from another city, so I did not do in person interview, interviewers are very nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• I dont remember, questions were very generic, nothing too hard, I was asked a logic question, which was kind of hard   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

The interview process was very seamless. The team was very informative, and answered all of my questions. They seemed genuinely interested in my background and how I be a fit for the organization.

Consulting Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty good, had 1 on campus interview, then followed by an office interview with 4 professionals and 1 with the recruiter. The interview with the professionals were rather unstructured, allowing you to have a nice conversation a develop a connection with the interviewers. Overall positive experience with the interviewers and the recruiters. However, the company was very slow with the reimbursement for travel expenses to the interview. Had to send a lot of emails, and it took 4 months for them to finally send a check for the reimbursement.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services.

Interview

First round was Phone interview and then on-site interview which took 3 hours after a couple of weeks. The interviewers are 3 team members and team lead. Technical questions from team members and goring through resume with team lead.