Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Argus Information & Advisory Services Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job board. HR recruiter got in touch with me about a week later to setup a phone interview. Then she scheduled me for a phone interview with a manager for the next day. Manager calls the next day, only to say he needs to reschedule so we reschedule for the same day but a couple of hours later because he says he's traveling. He calls back (and is still traveling) he says he hasn't even read my resume. I assume that also means he hasn't read through my Linkedin profile. It's so dumb to do an interview without reading up on a candidate. If a candidate showed up to an interview with no knowledge of the company or position that would not end well for the candidate, would it?

Interview Questions

• What is the sum of all numbers from 1-50?   1 Answer

Consulting Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty good, had 1 on campus interview, then followed by an office interview with 4 professionals and 1 with the recruiter. The interview with the professionals were rather unstructured, allowing you to have a nice conversation a develop a connection with the interviewers. Overall positive experience with the interviewers and the recruiters. However, the company was very slow with the reimbursement for travel expenses to the interview. Had to send a lot of emails, and it took 4 months for them to finally send a check for the reimbursement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1 onsite – 1st was behavioral, 2nd asked case study question (e.g. how much credit card expenditure in a year in the US) and then 1 onsite with 4 hour long interviews. Questions are similar to others described here (case study, credit card industry questions) with one interviewer throwing in curveballs (describe credit card company P&L, difference between OLS and logistic regression, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between Risk & Return?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Was called unexpectedly during the middle of the day for a phone screening, the HR representative started off asking a little about my background and education, mostly to verify if my candidacy was at all relevant it seemed and maybe to look out for any red flags since it wasn't a particularly thorough line of questioning. Then moved on to my motivation for applying. Then set something up with the hiring manager for the following week.

Hiring manager wasn't particularly enthusiastic from the get-go but wasn't negative either, asked about my experience, this time to get an idea of whether it would be an asset for the position and team it seemed, asked about my motivation for applying specifically to the company, then finished by asking a mental math market sizing question before allowing any questions I might have had.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to the intern position online and I received a phone call from someone in HR. We discussed about my background and the position requirements. Later, I was interviewed by 3 different managers. Each interview was for 30 minutes. All the interviews were conducted on Skype. Interviews focused solely on SQL, databases and my experience. I received a phone call a week later to discuss the offer. I declined this offer because I had a better offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Questions in all three interviews were mostly based on SQL, databases, joins and advanced SQL   Answer Question

Data Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First Interview was a phone interview which was very easy.Questions about your background,some brain teasers.Then after a week I was called for the onsite interview at White Plains.They took 3 interviews 30 to 40 mins each which the project manager ,VP and HR.The overall experience was good.I answered all the questions they asked me.But I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What are stored procedures in SQL,Types of joins,Libraries in SQL,Behavioral questions.Why argus,Why this position.   Answer Question

Consulting Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

1st phone call with the recruiter. 2nd phone call with an employee which is all resume based and behavioral and one market sizing question. Last was a Skype interview with 4 people. All those questions were behavioral and resume based and market sizing questions. A few credit card industry based questions.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the money spent using credit cards in a day in USA?
      Estimate the number of checking accounts in USA?
      How do credit card companies make money?
      Estimate the number of coffee cups sold in USA?   Answer Question

Consulting Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied it through a senior and it took about 2 weeks. It was resume based interview and pretty simple. I was given a case study. The interviewer seemed so nice that I thought I was saying the right answer. I was wrong. I did not crack the interview. would love to know what went wrong and how should I improve

Client Delivery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I had an teclephonic interview with the senior analyst was asked about my experience, Challenges faced and a couple of puzzles, overall interview went well, but Don't know the reason for not being shortlisted

Interview Questions

• Every thing was expected, don't know the criteria on which they are shortlisting the people for further rounds   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Information & Advisory Services (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process consists of 1 phone interview and 1 onsite interview. The phone interview is about technical expertise and onsite interview is about a case study and behavioral questions.