Argus Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.6

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Answered general behavioral questions. Asked about my experience as well. And there were SQL questions to figure out if you know about some experience or not.

- Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Software.

Interview

Interview process stared with screening than a behavioral type phone interview. I made it to the final round, a face-to-face interview which was very good. The hiring managers were very professional and laid back. As one of the finalists, I had to go through another final phone interview with someone from the parent company. I haven't heard from them since, and to be honest, I haven't even try to follow up. I didn't like the way the final interview was conducted and wasn't impressed with the type of questions asked. I assume that I did not impress either since I really lost enthusiasm during the interview given the lack of chemistry ... it just didn't click. Unfortunately, I had very good vibes from the first interview with the team which I was suppose to work with.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

They are very open to phone interviews and you will likely not meet until an offer is being made or not. I had 2 levels of interviews over the phone, and then 3rd phone call to negotiate terms. Don't try to come off as an expert in the field if you aren't, and show that you are open to learn THEIR methods, and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

• Questions in reference to agile versus RUP or waterfall IT development. Also industry specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

short.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard in nature, and the manager was very friendly and welcoming when we sat down. Once I was finished interviewing with my direct manager. I was then greeted by the division manager. She too was very friendly and welcoming, and soon after I was shown around the office. They introduced me to the other employees and the entire process was great.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Nothing out of ordinary. Standard behavioral questions and situational scenarios. Human resources was silent the whole time, the hiring manager was the main person speaking all the time. Very easy interview as the company seems to need people.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep in touch with you clients   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in January 2007.

Interview

They had a good technical interview process (initial phone interview with dev manager, then a phone interview with software engineers, then on on-site interview with specific product engineers). The interview process was straightforward and the offer was fair for the market, including bonuses.

Interview Questions

I was completing a project at my current company that was a good opportunity, so the timing just wasn't right.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farringdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Software (Farringdon, England (UK)).

Interview

30 mins telephone interview with a recruitment agency and 1 hour interview with the application support manager which includes a maths test. If you are successful there will be a Skype interview with the vice president.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently look for when looking for a job?   Answer Question
    • How do you see this opportunity fitting into your long term career goals?   Answer Question
    • Example of a time I had to address an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle someone asking you a question you don't know   1 Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Argus Software (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied through agency, initially had an hour long interview at the office near St Pancras (not Farringdon office), passed that stage. However, next stage was a skype interview with the VP in Texas. The first interview went very well and the interviewer seemed to have come prepared however the second interview seemed lacking in guidance, questions being asked were irrelevant to the role and it only lasted 12 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from all the other people we are interviewing?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you understand about the role   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Software (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was very transparent and I was updated with the status at every step. The recruitment officers are very courteous and considerate, making the process fair and relaxed.
    All appointments were confirmed with enough time to ensure I had time to schedule it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my reaction to different scenarios regarding the job position.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Argus Software (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was approached by a Talent Agent via LinkedIn who arranged a telephone interview first. I was then contacted a few weeks later for an in person interview. Overall I found the interview process a bit slow, but well-planned. They kept me informed about the next steps and I was advised that they were very busy, hence the slowness of the overall process

Interview Questions

• What are the characteristics of good requirements?   1 Answer
    • What are the typical contents of a Business Case?
      Where do I see myself in 3-5 years time?   Answer Question