Argus Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Software Interview Questions

2.5

- Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Software.

Interview

Interview process stared with screening than a behavioral type phone interview. I made it to the final round, a face-to-face interview which was very good. The hiring managers were very professional and laid back. As one of the finalists, I had to go through another final phone interview with someone from the parent company. I haven't heard from them since, and to be honest, I haven't even try to follow up. I didn't like the way the final interview was conducted and wasn't impressed with the type of questions asked. I assume that I did not impress either since I really lost enthusiasm during the interview given the lack of chemistry ... it just didn't click. Unfortunately, I had very good vibes from the first interview with the team which I was suppose to work with.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

They are very open to phone interviews and you will likely not meet until an offer is being made or not. I had 2 levels of interviews over the phone, and then 3rd phone call to negotiate terms. Don't try to come off as an expert in the field if you aren't, and show that you are open to learn THEIR methods, and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

• Questions in reference to agile versus RUP or waterfall IT development. Also industry specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

short.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard in nature, and the manager was very friendly and welcoming when we sat down. Once I was finished interviewing with my direct manager. I was then greeted by the division manager. She too was very friendly and welcoming, and soon after I was shown around the office. They introduced me to the other employees and the entire process was great.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Nothing out of ordinary. Standard behavioral questions and situational scenarios. Human resources was silent the whole time, the hiring manager was the main person speaking all the time. Very easy interview as the company seems to need people.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep in touch with you clients   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Software (Houston, TX) in January 2007.

Interview

They had a good technical interview process (initial phone interview with dev manager, then a phone interview with software engineers, then on on-site interview with specific product engineers). The interview process was straightforward and the offer was fair for the market, including bonuses.

Interview Questions

I was completing a project at my current company that was a good opportunity, so the timing just wasn't right.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Argus Software (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was approached by a Talent Agent via LinkedIn who arranged a telephone interview first. I was then contacted a few weeks later for an in person interview. Overall I found the interview process a bit slow, but well-planned. They kept me informed about the next steps and I was advised that they were very busy, hence the slowness of the overall process

Interview Questions

• What are the characteristics of good requirements?   1 Answer
    • What are the typical contents of a Business Case?
      Where do I see myself in 3-5 years time?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Software (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I only got as far as telephone screening part. I was talking to some person from US who sounded cold and lifeless, could as well be a robot. The connection was horrible and I could hardly hear the person on the other line, I was constantly repeating: could you repeat? sorry? The questions were also quite strange, one of the questions was: do you need a visa to travel? For some countries I need for other not, I think that's pretty normal? Another question was: what is missing from employee engagement process. Again, very general question, as per e-mail I received prior to the interview the questions were supposed to be behavioral. I don't think this one was though. When I asked for further explanation of the question, the answer was the same question asked in a different way. Bizarre interview and a shame as I think I am well qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• do you need a visa to travel?   1 Answer

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argus Software (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

II was always kept well informed by the outsourced recruitment company that ARGUS have. The feedback that I received at each stage of the process was brilliant and I knew what I needed to work on at the next stage. I was interviewed by different business leaders and I found the interviews interesting and stimulating. It was great to learn about the business from different people and what their expectations for this person were. I was put at ease straight away and the role was explained to me perfectly. I left the interview knowing the purpose of the role, what the next 6 months would look like and what the career path for me would be, all incredibly important elements. I like the fact that the recruiting manager reached out to me during the process so I had interaction with her and the recruitment company

Interview Questions

• How do you find out if all the employees are engaged in their roles - what would you do?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argus Software (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The role was misrepresented at the interview. Once the job began the large part of responsibilities was completely different I am afraid. BEWARE! Prepare a few good questions to ask management and watch the response. Think twice after the meeting..

Interview Questions

• We are dealing with world class companies solving complex issues daily, what is your experience in argus software   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered a contract, which I did not accept

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argus Software.

Interview

multiple interviews, first with director then with manager, third with technology director. The questions were pretty standard but what I didn't like was the lack of transparency. It was never disclosed to me that I would be mostly working with a remote team. The hiring manager made it sound I would occasionally be working with a remote team and that I'd mostly working with team members onsite. That wasn't the case. I found myself interacting virtually with team members all day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I went through a recruiter. They tried to lowball me and offer me below the min I specified during the interview but I didn't accept that. They offered me the min I asked for.