Arhaus Furniture Interior Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arhaus Furniture Interior Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Sarasota, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with store manager and Regional manager. We spoke for about an hour and half. This was following a phone interview with someone from their Georgia market. I spoke with her for about 20 minutes. The conversation was very pleasant, prepared and extremely informative as to what to expect from working for their company. The questions were very specific to my understanding of what it would be like to work in their store. I was given compensation information via email before the interview which was excellent because it also outlined the benefits. I was very impressed with the onboarding process. I like the company very much. I was offered the job that afternoon over the telephone by the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Many sales driven questions, how would I handle expectations, attitudes of others.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Interview

The entire process took just over a week. I applied online, then was called a few days later and had a phone interview with a very pleasant woman that worked in the store. I arrived at the store for the interview and was greeted warmly. We sat down together at a dining room table on the sales floor and she began the interview.

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter at the corporate office. After a brief interview I was set up to meet the manager of the store I was interested in working at. After that interview I was set up to speak with the regional manager for the area. Overall very simple process.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment at your most recent position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy Applied through Craigslist received a phone call after sending my resume (took her less than 2 hours to respond should of been a red flag) followed by a Skype interview (sweet girl) then one on one interview (the manager quit before store even opened)...........Then training in house for 2 weeks. Lots of information thrown at you. Computers are really slow.

Interview Questions

• Asked my background experience. Why, I would be a good fit? Asked if I consider management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's all black and white Sell this much for base salary then make commission off sales

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Troy, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Easy with the Store Manager and the District Manager

Interview Questions

• What was the worst experience you have ever had with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Denver, CO) in June 2009.

Interview

Typical interview. However, one of the more "gray" areas was the commission process. There seemed to be some questions reagarding the commission structure that even the manager of the store did not quite know how to handle or explain. It almost seemed to be an intentional vagueness in order to not be questioned or to be fully honest.

Interview Questions

• Why Arhaus? You seemed to be quite over qualified for this position. Do you mind cleaning the bathrooms and doing general store maintenance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very basic. I answered yes.

Interior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online--for a new store opening in my town. Had never heard of it but was called and invited to visit another location that wasn't far from my home to speak with a visiting HR person. I did. I gave her a resume and did a brief question and answer session. I was impressed with her and the look of the store I visited. She set up a telephone interview for the following week with a regional manager. I completed that phone interview and was told I was a very good canidate---then nothing happened for a few weeks--then the new store manager asked if I could come in and meet him at the new location..I did and he hired me.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with store and regional manager and then personal interview with store manager. During the interview I was told things that did not come to pass. I was at the top of the sales associates in regards to sales when I left Arhaus. It still was not enough to make a living.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Understand clearly what you are in for and how much you will be paid.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is relatively straightforward. They are looking for closers. The more sales experience you have, the better, The more interior design experience you have, better. Be very positive. That helps. The person interviewing is very nice. If you truly desire sales, you will get the job- no problem,

Interview Questions

• None. Job experience- did you fulfill all your sales quotas??   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You received their 3 month probation process and a regular salary. It is states that if you do not perform the position to their expectations, you will be let go after 3 months. Plain and simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arhaus Furniture (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager, Cheryl in Cherry Creek after the initial phone interview. I thought I would go to find out specifics to that location, ie: based on previous employees, what a full time person could expect to make in your first few months to a year. I am taking into account, she told me she had worked there for 6 years, so she would have the knowledge.

I understand no guarantees can be given and it would vary based on how aggressive one is, however, she would not say anything beyond, " I already told you, the salary and commission structure". Yes, she had, but the avoidance was a huge warning sign to me, to not pursue the position.

After the other reviews on glassdoor, and my experience, I know I am better off.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary. Although it would have been nice if it had started on time and not exceeded the time they said it would take.   1 Answer