Ariba Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ariba Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ariba (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Manager contact directly. Phone interview and then onsite interview.

The original 3 hours onsite interview only last 2 hours and the interview is very easy. I am quite sure except the manager, the another 2 interviewers experience is very less. I explained them what is curry function in js, what is arguments in function other front end knowledge they do not know. After the interview ,after I asked them twice , just receive feedback that they need more experience person.

If you have decided I lacked experience, please do not waste my time. I asked one day PTO from my current company.

Interview Questions

• Valid palindrome.
    Add empty character in a string.
    Reverse word in a sting.

Other common front end questions.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ariba

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I contacted one of the recruiter at Ariba and got a reply back saying they have a opening. They sent two set of programing question out of which I need to answer one. Questions - 1. Remove comments from JSON files 2. How to find if two graphs are connected and what's the shortest distance between given two nodes. Next round was a telephonic and was pretty good. Asked me about project and question on core Java libraries. HashMap, Hashtable, multithreading etc. Next round they called me at onsite and I had four rounds. Here the are the list of questions - 1. Implement single linkedList, Implement iterator methods hashNext and next. Design a dashboard system to show sales data, Design a database schema for University ( students, courses, professors etc ), write a program to give the first non repeating character. Few more questions on Java.

Interview Questions

• I was not prepared for SQLs and asked quite a few questions on SQL joins.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter
    Phone interview with Hiring manager
    Technical interview onsite

Interview Questions

Heard that the work is not good. Its all about bug fixing.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. After a week technical phone interview. Pretty basic questions. Everything from Glassdoor. A month later there were 2 on site interviews 1 hour each. Again most of the questions from Glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

applied online . had 1 phone and then an onsite . phone interview was simple -couple of algo routine questions - finding min ele in stack , some DB questions

onsite had 4 rounds
    was asked abt blocking queue . wasnt too familiar with that .was asked to implement a simple producer / consumer prob , which I did - had studied it the prev day ., but the interviewer wasnt too satisfied with it .
    implement LL w/o using the builtin collection
    binary search , find max continuous sum in array , cycle in linked list

overall questions werent too hard , i didnt answer java specific questions all that well and made a blunder when asked abt my project . probably the reason why i didnt get it .

Interview Questions

• nothing in specific , blocking queue in java . java is too vast to know everything !!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online and contacted by recruiter first for performance engineer role first. They have a very lengthy and indepth technical interview process. I had to speak with two engineers from Banglore,India first. After that I was invited onsite in Sunnyvale. I had 6 rounds there, I got to know i may be called again onsite for 2-3 interviews if the position wasn't a very good match but if i happen to be a fit for Ariba. I got to know from recruiter that I don't have enough experience for performance engineer position, So I had to go onsite again to talk with two SW development managers to find a better match for developer position.

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose the questions. But for me, there was high conncentation in core JAVA, multi threading, Operating Systems (Memory Management specifically), Datastructures (not to limited to stacks,trees,linkedlists be prepared to answer in threaded and n-ary trees as well), SQL join related queries and there was a question related to a specific scenario in of the teams related to database pooling and policies to related to how would you implement a queue in such scenarios to process the user requests. I don't exactly remember this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, since I had another offer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ariba (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2007.

Interview

1 Hiring Manager Contacted Me
    2 Went through interviews with 4 people.
    3 I was told I would know about a thumbs up or down however never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a Data Model for a restaurant IT system   1 Answer
    • Multithreading, Question write a dead lock in Java   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ariba in June 2011.

Interview

was initially contacted by the recruiter for a software engineer position, arranged for a 30 min phone interview which lasted for an hour.The position was for a internal software engineer position, though my profile macthed only few of their requirement, they called on for an phone interview. After talking for an hour, nothing technically,gave the feedback as needed greater skillset... hmmmm...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ariba in November 2010.

Interview

1st Round is screening test and second is techno-managerial interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ariba in February 2008.

Interview

Round 1 - General Introduction - Telephonic
    Round 2 - Logical Skills - F2F
    Round 3 - Technical Skills - F2F
    Round 4 - Discussion with Manager - F2F
    Round 5 - HR - Telephonic
    Round 6 - Discussion with Ariba India Head- Telephonic

Interview Questions

Work was bad, wanted it to be compensated by better pay