Ariens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ariens Interview Questions

2.9

Assembly Second Shift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brillion, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ariens (Brillion, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

3 part interview with a tour of the plant.explained the core values of the company and their mission statement to potential employees. did a work history,explanation of company benefits and back ground type questions. some personal information they also had a lite lunch for us afterwards.the people were very courtious and helpfull.

Interview Questions

• they wanted to know what types of hobbies i partook of.   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ariens (Janesville, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

30-minute phone screen w/ HR
    Myers-Briggs PI online assessment
    90-minute group interview with manager and peers
    Behavioral interview

The in-person interview seemed a little disorganized. Had trouble connecting one of the peers who was at a different location via conference room phone.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ariens.

Interview

This interview started with email and setting up interview time. Once i attended the interview, they explained that the interview process was a 3 part interview. I have successfully went thru the 2 interviews and I have received a phone call for the third.

Interview Questions

• My experience from past employers. They gave me a questionnaire concerning my experience   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brillion, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ariens (Brillion, WI).

Interview

First had to take a Myers-Briggs style test, which the results were submitted to Ariens. In the interview this was never referenced but I assume it was used to direct the line of questioning. Had a quick phone chat, but the real heavy lifting was in the in person interview. Talked with a few high level managers, mostly in a conversational tone. No case studies or anything, fairly simple and interesting line of questioning. Some managers were obviously more interesting in their questions than others.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie and why?   1 Answer

Xx Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brillion, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ariens (Brillion, WI).

Interview

Internal recruiter very knowledgeable about company needs and culture and was willing to provide insight into interviewers to prepare me. Company growing and understaffed, so everyone appears very busy. Despite that, interviews were scheduled in reasonable amount of time. Met three executives, one business unit lead, four team members. All very pleasant people, easy to talk to and consistently positive about company. Most questions were to clarify my resume, except for prospective teammates, who came very prepared with thoughtful questions. HR rep asked what other positions I was looking at in other companies, which was a welcome question and allowed me to relate my goals to the position I was interviewing for at Ariens. Asked several times about willingness to work in Brillion -- appears to be hurdle for talent acquisition.

Manufacturing Leader Interview

Interview

Brought in for an interview, spent a few hours there interviewing with multiple people in operations. Best part was that the second round of interviews I was able to interview with Dan Ariens, he interviews all of the incoming hires!

Interview Questions

• They had asked me why I was interested in working for a manufacturing job, when I just wanted a job so I didn't have the best answer for that..   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brillion, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ariens (Brillion, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiter didn't prepare me at all for the interview. The actual interview at the company dug deeper into my background and ended up disqualifying me for the job. Ariens says they are all about their values/ethics but when I was politely and respectfully honest with them regarding my previous employer, the recruiter called to tell me I was 'too honest'...

Interview Questions

• Simply asked about my history in various positions I've held over the years. Wanted to know more about the people I'd worked with in the past than the skills and personality I brought to the job.   Answer Question

National Sales & Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ariens (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Took personality test online prior to any interview. The results of this are sent to the interviewers and they review before anything. Then had a phone call with executive team (one at a time, not all at once) after inquiring through email. I lived abroad so this made the most sense.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions - what Ariens do is have you take a preference/personality test before the interview. This is then matched with the preferences they think would work best for the jobs. You are then interviewed and the test is either confirmed to be good or bad, or you are able to change their opinions of who they think should be in the role based on your performance. Sounds more intense than it is and the interviews are generally very laid back.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick - I had another offer so presented that as what I needed in order to consider. They matched and exceeded that offer.