Arista Networks Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

They ask me two questions: 1. find the min member in BST, 2. find the next in-order value in BST.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Arista Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Looks like they are in mode of elimination and not selection.
    on-site interview asked about push/pop stack.
    Spent lot of time in discussing other technical stuff before this.
    Later complained that no time to code !? Something does not seem right.

Surprised to see that interview room already has same written on white board by earlier interview.

Interview Questions

• Brush up on Binary tree and push/pop stack - they ask same to everyone.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Round 1: A coding session to test your skills on shell coding / debugging, the question itself is entry level, the only problem is shell environment.

Round 2: The interviewer asked some technical questions. The question wasn't hard, but you are supposed to answer it very well, the interviewer wasn't very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse a linked list (in shell environment), the definition of linked list was given.   Answer Question
    • Implement a stack with some specific requirements.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arista Networks in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview of the morning was face to face the VP of Customer Engineering. He was extremely rude and condescending throughout the interview. I would never put this guy in front of a customer. He was more interested in checking email than speaking with a candidate. Other engineers and executive were equally arrogant and condescending. The only person I liked was the CEO; she was very personable and had great conversational skills. Bottom line, I felt so uncomfortable with the company after this interview, which was the first one in the morning that I almost left. I was shocked when I got the offer but I turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. ECMP questions. LACP has hasing questions. And packet delay over 1gig and 10gig interfaces.   Answer Question

The person that would have been my boss, the Vice President of Customer Engineering, flat out told me there was no commission plan however he said I would make $500,000 off the stock once the company went public. This is a big “no-no” and seemed very shady to me for an executive of the company to make promises that may or may not happen.

This is a Cisco boy’s club so if didn’t/don’t work there don’t waste your time interviewing.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks in November 2010.

Interview

Validate a Binary Search Tree
    Implement a stack interface

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks in January 2010.

Interview

Tough technical questioning with challenging questions. Very positive and did a good job of really making me present the breadth of my skills (strengths and weaknesses)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for negotiation