Arista Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arista Networks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via Arista Networks career Portal. Got a call immediately. First round was a Phone interview where you'll be asked to ssh to their server, write, compile and pass test cases for 3 data structures and algorithm related questions in C, passed all test cases for all questions, Got selected for the 2nd round, in this I was asked a design question and in the 3rd round I was asked about C code snippets and was asked to explain them in detail.

Interview Questions

• Will respect the NDA. Be solid in C, Operating systems, Algo no Networking questions were asked.
      Knowledge related to x86 stack frame, function arguments, compiler helped me a lot.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by the interviewer at the time I signed up for via Google Calendar. I was asked to connect to a remote server of theirs via SSH. On the server was a C file and a header file and the question was defined in these files. I was allowed time to read the question and look through the files and given one hour in total to do so and complete the problem.

Interview Questions

• Given a singly-linked list with duplicate integer key values, write a function that, given the head of the list and an integer value, delete all nodes with the given key.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks (La Jolla, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Onsite 45 minute interview. Met them at the career fair. It was easy to net an interview. They'll give anyone a chance. I only had to answer a very simple question about one of my (in class) projects.

Interview Questions

• Q: Write a program in C that can compare two strings that represent version numbers (1.1.02 compared to 1.1.3)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter mailed next day. 1st round phone interview. 2nd round onsite.

Phone interview is exactly what the other interviewee's say. For the onsite, I wouldn't say the interview questions itself were difficult, but it was difficult to get what the interviewer asked. Rather than giving hints, the interviewer just gave away the answers. Doesn't test your thinking process. Really flawed way of conducting interivews.

Anyway, here are some tips:

1. Be cautious about function arguments. Use const, pass by reference when appropriate.
    2. Average and worst case Running time analysis (which is very common)
    3. Leetcode doesn't help much for onsite, but helps for phone interview

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter, followed up with two phone interviews with hiring manager, then a face to face with hiring manager and VP, lastly videoconference interview with EVP

Interview Questions

• How did you build pipeline at your current employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Above board, efficient, no complaints

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

Got in touch with Arista through career fair.
    First they emailed me asking for my transcript and updated resume.

1) For the first round of screening they asked me to come on-site, where I had to compile, debug and write the pseudocode for simple C/C++ programs. This round of screening can also be done via phone. Most of the questions asked are already mentioned here. It was a 1 hour interview.

2) Next was 2 back to back 1 hour interview with 2 different interviewers. First interview was very similar to the first round and in the second interview I was asked to write the code on board to convert C++ code to C.

Interview Questions

• structures, linked list, stacks, queues, gettimeofday, pure virtual functions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an interview call through campus career fair. It was a one on one interview on the campus. There was only one round of interview which lasted 45 minutes. Had a programming question and then some questions related to C language. Was asked to compile and produce the output for the programming question. Interviewer had a lot testcases to test the correctness of the code.

Interview Questions

• One programming question on finding the missing number in a sequence of numbers. Questions on size of different C structs (padding). Why do we use a double pointer in linked list? You need to print elements of a 2-D arrays using 2 for loops with indices "i" (outer loop) and "j" (inner loop), why is using a[i][j] faster than a[j][i]? 2 questions on bit manipulations. Internship location is Nashua.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a quick introduction about the job and the company, and they they directly jumped to technical questions. 1)circuits and what are they, from voltage divider to LPF and HPF also a BPF
    2)Then questions about types of computer memory and questions on them
    3) Questions regarding tracers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview round 1 (1 hour) phone interview round 2 (suppose to be 2 hours) I only got interviewed by 1 person with 1 hour. The second interviewer didn't show up and I was told not a good fit after 10 minutes waiting.

Interview Questions

• 1. find missing number
      2 implement polymorphism using C, stack implementation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks in February 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds. I got rejected after the second. The first round was quite basic where they gauge your understanding of the C language. It starts off my some questions such as explain what malloc does. Then it goes into more detail like how would you malloc over a PCI-e. Then there were some terms and they ask you if you know what it means and explain them. Terms such as traceroute, ifconfig, ping, wireshark, ip, etc. You might also be asked some other basic questions around unix such as what does fork do, what would kill -11 do, what does select do, what will happen if I type this and so on.

After this they moved to some code. The first of this was involving two strings inside the main function. Something like this:
    int main( int argc, char* argv[] ){
        char* string1 = "string";
        char string2[] = "string";
    }
    Then you'll be asked to modify a certain position in each string, say index 1. You might get thrown off by string1 since it's a string literal and therefore is read-only. You can't modify it. String2 will work fine in this case.

After this I was asked to write a palindrome function in C. This should be easy. I was also asked to write a Python script that reads in a file containing numbers separated by spaces on multiple lines. Treat the first number in each line as column1 and so on. I was asked to add all the numbers in column3. This should be easy again.

Make sure you can easily write code in a command line editor such as Vi or Emacs. Also make sure you know how to compile C code and run python script from the terminal. You should also have the basic knowledge of how to debug a file using GDB on the command line in case you get a segfault.

The second round was more thorough:
    I was asked first to write up a stack API that a client would use. The client should be given the freewill to add any type of data that he/she wants. For example, they can push 1byte of data at a time or 1MB of data. The interviewer gave me three requirements that had to be fulfilled. I don't quite remember these off the top of my head. As you design your API you will be asked to demonstrate how the push and pop will be coded. Also, be open to changing your design as the interviewer will thrown in more conditions. I felt for this part you should be aware of size_t, and void *. These came in handy when writing the function signature.

The second hour of this interview was to compare to version strings. Here's how the docstring of the function looked like:
        vercmp compares two software version strings and returns the following:
            if v1 > v2 : return 1
            if v1 == v2 : return 0
            if v1 < v2 : return -1
        input strings are in the form "1.0.3", "2.10", "6.0.0.3", etc...
        "1.0" is considered bigger than "1"
    int vercmp( char * v1, char * v2 ) {

}

I think the only way to do this is to keep track of the periods in each string and compare the corresponding numbers.

Interview Questions

• Compare two version strings.
      Design a stack API.