Arista Networks Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arista Networks Platform Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Arista Networks

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Spoke to director by phone after applying online. Basic questions about job history. Went to Arista for face-to-face interviews. Coding questions, hardware data sheet interpretation, detailed description of what one is doing in the current company etc. Was asked some C questions related to memory management (malloc) and bit setting. I was quite taken aback when the interviewer laughed at me in front of everyone. I took it in my stride and continued working on the problem. Not a very good ambassador for his company.

Interview Questions

• They give you a data sheet and ask you to work out commands to be entered.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Arista Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called for an onsite interview and was told the hr would get back to me to book the travel which took about a month and half, irrespective of following up.
    The interview was set up, for 1:1 with 4 different people half an hour each. After reaching the premsies I was told that the manager had quit the previous day and they didnt know wat to do with me.

Interview Questions

• how would u maintain and test a desktop? Can u create a databse if u had to create one from scratch for the desktop?   Answer Question
    • Given three tables - a question on joints. How to mount a disk in linux?   Answer Question
    • Python: Wat is a generator? yeild? decorator? How would u format print in python?   Answer Question

Platform Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks.

Interview

A phone interview followed by on-site interview with a panel of interviewers.
    The Good - Quite challenging and interesting, I agree they're smart.
    The Bad - They will exchange comments about you right when you're there (never seen that before). If you're a senior person but not ex-Cisco or Stanford graduate, I would say don't bother to attend.

Platform Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks in February 2011.

Interview

Just ask me to do a coding problem, which is about digital gates. The interviewer will ask some basic question first. But he will give you a paper to answer the question. It is the same as a test!