Arista Networks Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Arista Networks Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

3.2

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter mailed next day. 1st round phone interview. 2nd round onsite.

Phone interview is exactly what the other interviewee's say. For the onsite, I wouldn't say the interview questions itself were difficult, but it was difficult to get what the interviewer asked. Rather than giving hints, the interviewer just gave away the answers. Doesn't test your thinking process. Really flawed way of conducting interivews.

Anyway, here are some tips:

1. Be cautious about function arguments. Use const, pass by reference when appropriate.
    2. Average and worst case Running time analysis (which is very common)
    3. Leetcode doesn't help much for onsite, but helps for phone interview

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a quick introduction about the job and the company, and they they directly jumped to technical questions. 1)circuits and what are they, from voltage divider to LPF and HPF also a BPF
    2)Then questions about types of computer memory and questions on them
    3) Questions regarding tracers

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1. Met the local Rep for 3 hrs and spoke to the a few people at the SF office
    2. Spoke to 2 members over the phone
    3. Met the Director of Sales (hiring manager), VP of Sales, and another rep in person at the head quarters.
    4. Met the local rep again for drinks to confirm interest for next steps.
    5. They contacted my references along with a surprise reference I did not approve but still gave good feedback.
    6. Email from Director of Sales that offer will be sent in two days.
    7. Entire Sales organization was wasting their efforts on a position that was never even open to begin with. CEO threw my offer out the window saying they don't need to grow sales? - it is 2015 in the bay area, this might be the only company not interested in growing sales??

The Sales team knew I had an offer pending and said don't sign it b/c we will send you an offer. They even confirmed via email, but it all meant nothing. Seems like the CEO micro managers the entire organization and the VP of sales is powerless. I think this experience was an intro of things that would come down the road in the form of false promises.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy full of lies. I was told of a growth plan, and when I gave my salary expectations the staff still put me through the entire process knowing well in advance that they would offer me less money. And then they play stupid like they had no idea. It's a silly process because they waste a bunch of time.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a boss who doesn't allow for change, no matter how great your idea is?   Answer Question

Network Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was fully technical 100%, try to get as deep knowledge as you can. there was no HR question for me. they might as you to draw a topology and ask you question on basis of that

Interview Questions

• what do you know about vlan and spt?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called for an onsite interview and was told the hr would get back to me to book the travel which took about a month and half, irrespective of following up.
    The interview was set up, for 1:1 with 4 different people half an hour each. After reaching the premsies I was told that the manager had quit the previous day and they didnt know wat to do with me.

Interview Questions

• how would u maintain and test a desktop? Can u create a databse if u had to create one from scratch for the desktop?   Answer Question
    • Given three tables - a question on joints. How to mount a disk in linux?   Answer Question
    • Python: Wat is a generator? yeild? decorator? How would u format print in python?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, SSHed to their servers to code and answer test questions. Coding was required to be done in C/C++, questions were on the harder side, but were still close to stereotypical interview questions. Test questions were a bit tough, you would pick a topic off a list they give you and there would be test questions inside regarding the topic. Topics were like data structures, python, Linux, networking, etc.

Interview Questions

• How is a Patricia Trie implemented and what is it used for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume to them by email. Several days later I was asked to fill the information they required online. After that I get a phone call from the HR recruiter, who discussed something with me then told me that she will sent me a email for online testing. I got the email and completed the online testing and several days later was invited for a on site interview. 2 engineers interviewed. One of them is very kind but the other is not.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I had an in person interview. My dad works at this company and he talked to the VP of software and got me an interview. I was informed I got the job two weeks after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arista Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the "hiring manager". This was followed by two rounds of in-person, team interviews (2-person teams). I really didn't expect a second round, as I struggled with language difficulties in the first-round interview (having grown up in the SF Bay Area, I'm a native English speaker, but neither of the gentlemen interviewing me were). The questions in the first round were very theoretical in nature.

The second round came as a surprise a couple of weeks later. It started with a single person (another one for whom English was not the native tongue, although his mastery was much better). His questions were very esoteric, and communication was a bit of an issue. Half-way through the interview, we were joined by the first native English speaker. My joy was short-lived, however, as this person had the bombastic qualities of a speed-freak wanting to come off of 3-days of abstinence. My discomfort was further compunded by the fact that he sprayed spittle when he talked (I showered when I got home). His aggressive style made me feel very uncomfortable, and I had trouble focusing on the interview. In retrospect, I wish I had terminated the interview myself, since it wasn't like I needed the job.

Interview Questions

• There was not a single, "normal" interview question, imho.   Answer Question