Aristocrat Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.8

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied online, received a call from an HR recruiter a few days later for a phone screen. She asked simple questions like "explain what you do in your current position" and "why are you interested in this job?" Got scheduled for an in-person interview a few days later. It was a 2:1 interview with the department manager and the controller. They were welcoming and made me feel comfortable. I didn't feel as nervous or intimidated as I did during interviews with other companies. It has now been over 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything, so I obviously didn't get the position. Tried calling the recruiter that originally contacted me and asked about the status of the position. She told me she didn't know but would find out and give me a call back later that day. I never received a call back. It would have been nice for them to at least send out a simple email saying "Thank you for your interest in our company. We have chosen to move forward with another candidate at this time." Common courtesy is key.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and what interests you about this position.
      How do you prioritize your work?
      What kind of management style do you prefer?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies.

Interview

Very informal but straight to the point. They already knew who they wanted for this position . The focused on skill set as well social skills as you would be interacting with several different departments

Interview Questions

• What strong qualities can you bring to the team   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

Had a group interview which went very well very friendly staff so Im looking forward to starting was able to get in with Aerotek Staffing future goal is to get permanently and hopefully retire

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then prepared a project and work samples. In person team interview. It was lengthy and a bit intimidating at first, but overall one of the best interview experiences I've had. The panel was very relaxed and more of a conversation. I felt like they really got to know me and I got to know them so if it wasn't going to be a good fit, I definitely would have known. It's not stressful really outside of the usual nerves from an interview. They were very accommodating and fantastic hosts. They offered refreshments and snacks and gave me plenty of time to prepare my presentation. It's was really a great experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process went Phone Call -> On site talking with software team -> whiteboard interview.

The team seemed very nice, but the whiteboard interview turned me off completely. I felt the questions asked focused too specifically on nuances of C++ rather than higher level questions. There was no reasoning or logic to the questions, they were just simple trick questions about the syntax and semantics of C++.

Tip: going into the interview, study the syntax and semantics of virtual functions / polymorphism /etc... mostly.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? (Then give example)   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

I was brought in by one of their recruiters. After explaining the pieces of the job description I didn't fit, I was given a phone interview with 3 hiring managers in a conference call with a terrible connection. I was asked about my experience with my current company and the items I listed on my resume. I walked them through all my experience over the last 10 years, hitting on everything I've done. There was one specific language listed in the job description as a "must have experience" bullet point. I was very open with the recruiter about what my experience entailed, and she assured me that was just fine. Ten minutes into the interview I was asked about that experience, and before I even finished explaining all of it I was told abruptly I wasn't qualified and they couldn't get off the phone fast enough. They didn't even bother to inquire about any of my other experience, nor did they give me a chance to ask more about the company and other roles.

Either the recruiter was completely clueless or the hiring managers were not clear with talent acquisition about the candidate they were looking for. The interview was a complete waste of time for both me and the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Angular?   2 Answers

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (East Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The process was smooth and well organized and I met key leaders that would be part of my regular interactions. I also met other team members, who gave me good insights into the team I would be joining.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies.

Interview

The interview was going well until the interviewer asked me why I left a job at an Indian Casino in Arizona. When I told her the tribe was an independent nation and did not pay their half of any Social Security Withholding Taxes. I thought about how this would affect me when I was older and decided to find employment off the reservation. She got very short and terminated the interview. I received an email soon, really soon, afterwards stating I did not meet their "qualifications"?!?!
    My opinion: Racist Interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked a technical question, just reasons why I left various companies.   1 Answer

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

standing training interview process, phone, face to face, then a T4T with the training team. Overall the process lacked professionalism and focus on the training needs of the team. The last step was an open question forum with other trainers, who were more out to trick the applicant since they were new to the company as well.

Tech Lead Interview

Interview

First round would be a written exam accessing your technical and analytical skills. Once through, you would usually go through 2 technical rounds, 1 managerial followed by an HR round.