Aristocrat Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.9

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by an HR recruiter. He kept calling the wrong number even though I had repeatedly given him the correct number. I guess that should've been a sign of things to come. The hiring manager called the wrong number for the phone interview too and thankfully I received the VM via email and promptly called back. We were able to proceed with the phone interview and I felt like I was being grilled a lot for just a phone interview, but I remained calm and answered all of their questions. Then the manager shared with me that I would move forward with an onsite interview to which I expressed interest. Over the phone they told me to go ahead and furnish samples if I have them. I thought that would be the extent of it until a week later when I received "instructions" via email to provide some non-standard samples that wouldn't really help them to assess my skills at all. It wasn't real world. When I proposed an alternative, the hiring manager was very reactive and defensive in their reply. They basically eliminated me from the interview process just for proposing an alternative that's actually the industry standard! I was surprised, but at the same time I'm glad I realized the role was not a good fit.

Manufacturing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies.

Interview

Very informal but straight to the point. They already knew who they wanted for this position . The focused on skill set as well social skills as you would be interacting with several different departments

Interview Questions

• What strong qualities can you bring to the team   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

Had a group interview which went very well very friendly staff so Im looking forward to starting was able to get in with Aerotek Staffing future goal is to get permanently and hopefully retire

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then prepared a project and work samples. In person team interview. It was lengthy and a bit intimidating at first, but overall one of the best interview experiences I've had. The panel was very relaxed and more of a conversation. I felt like they really got to know me and I got to know them so if it wasn't going to be a good fit, I definitely would have known. It's not stressful really outside of the usual nerves from an interview. They were very accommodating and fantastic hosts. They offered refreshments and snacks and gave me plenty of time to prepare my presentation. It's was really a great experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process went Phone Call -> On site talking with software team -> whiteboard interview.

The team seemed very nice, but the whiteboard interview turned me off completely. I felt the questions asked focused too specifically on nuances of C++ rather than higher level questions. There was no reasoning or logic to the questions, they were just simple trick questions about the syntax and semantics of C++.

Tip: going into the interview, study the syntax and semantics of virtual functions / polymorphism /etc... mostly.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? (Then give example)   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

I was brought in by one of their recruiters. After explaining the pieces of the job description I didn't fit, I was given a phone interview with 3 hiring managers in a conference call with a terrible connection. I was asked about my experience with my current company and the items I listed on my resume. I walked them through all my experience over the last 10 years, hitting on everything I've done. There was one specific language listed in the job description as a "must have experience" bullet point. I was very open with the recruiter about what my experience entailed, and she assured me that was just fine. Ten minutes into the interview I was asked about that experience, and before I even finished explaining all of it I was told abruptly I wasn't qualified and they couldn't get off the phone fast enough. They didn't even bother to inquire about any of my other experience, nor did they give me a chance to ask more about the company and other roles.

Either the recruiter was completely clueless or the hiring managers were not clear with talent acquisition about the candidate they were looking for. The interview was a complete waste of time for both me and the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Angular?   2 Answers

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (East Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The process was smooth and well organized and I met key leaders that would be part of my regular interactions. I also met other team members, who gave me good insights into the team I would be joining.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies.

Interview

The interview was going well until the interviewer asked me why I left a job at an Indian Casino in Arizona. When I told her the tribe was an independent nation and did not pay their half of any Social Security Withholding Taxes. I thought about how this would affect me when I was older and decided to find employment off the reservation. She got very short and terminated the interview. I received an email soon, really soon, afterwards stating I did not meet their "qualifications"?!?!
    My opinion: Racist Interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked a technical question, just reasons why I left various companies.   1 Answer

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

standing training interview process, phone, face to face, then a T4T with the training team. Overall the process lacked professionalism and focus on the training needs of the team. The last step was an open question forum with other trainers, who were more out to trick the applicant since they were new to the company as well.

Tech Lead Interview

Interview

First round would be a written exam accessing your technical and analytical skills. Once through, you would usually go through 2 technical rounds, 1 managerial followed by an HR round.