Aristocrat Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by an HR recruiter. He kept calling the wrong number even though I had repeatedly given him the correct number. I guess that should've been a sign of things to come. The hiring manager called the wrong number for the phone interview too and thankfully I received the VM via email and promptly called back. We were able to proceed with the phone interview and I felt like I was being grilled a lot for just a phone interview, but I remained calm and answered all of their questions. Then the manager shared with me that I would move forward with an onsite interview to which I expressed interest. Over the phone they told me to go ahead and furnish samples if I have them. I thought that would be the extent of it until a week later when I received "instructions" via email to provide some non-standard samples that wouldn't really help them to assess my skills at all. It wasn't real world. When I proposed an alternative, the hiring manager was very reactive and defensive in their reply. They basically eliminated me from the interview process just for proposing an alternative that's actually the industry standard! I was surprised, but at the same time I'm glad I realized the role was not a good fit.

Manufacturing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies.

Interview

Very informal but straight to the point. They already knew who they wanted for this position . The focused on skill set as well social skills as you would be interacting with several different departments

Interview Questions

• What strong qualities can you bring to the team   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

I was brought in by one of their recruiters. After explaining the pieces of the job description I didn't fit, I was given a phone interview with 3 hiring managers in a conference call with a terrible connection. I was asked about my experience with my current company and the items I listed on my resume. I walked them through all my experience over the last 10 years, hitting on everything I've done. There was one specific language listed in the job description as a "must have experience" bullet point. I was very open with the recruiter about what my experience entailed, and she assured me that was just fine. Ten minutes into the interview I was asked about that experience, and before I even finished explaining all of it I was told abruptly I wasn't qualified and they couldn't get off the phone fast enough. They didn't even bother to inquire about any of my other experience, nor did they give me a chance to ask more about the company and other roles.

Either the recruiter was completely clueless or the hiring managers were not clear with talent acquisition about the candidate they were looking for. The interview was a complete waste of time for both me and the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Angular?   2 Answers

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies.

Interview

The interview was going well until the interviewer asked me why I left a job at an Indian Casino in Arizona. When I told her the tribe was an independent nation and did not pay their half of any Social Security Withholding Taxes. I thought about how this would affect me when I was older and decided to find employment off the reservation. She got very short and terminated the interview. I received an email soon, really soon, afterwards stating I did not meet their "qualifications"?!?!
    My opinion: Racist Interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was never asked a technical question, just reasons why I left various companies.   1 Answer

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

standing training interview process, phone, face to face, then a T4T with the training team. Overall the process lacked professionalism and focus on the training needs of the team. The last step was an open question forum with other trainers, who were more out to trick the applicant since they were new to the company as well.

Graduate Program Graphic Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies in September 2014.

Interview

It took a long time of back and forth and communication, but I was flown out to Las Vegas and we had a group interview. They made us do a presentation and interview separately, but there was a lot of group activity as well. I got the impression they weren't looking for someone overly qualified because their focused shifted once I explained what I could do and the places I've been.

Graphic Artist Interview

Interview

It went great, they fly me in and took me out to lunch.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Working with a recruiter, I had a couple nice phone screens with senior management in Australia. In Las Vegas I met with another couple senior managers then a few one-on-one interviews with middle-managers.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and why?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

Job description was out of date and inaccurate. They want skills they don't ask for during the phone interview process. They crammed a 3 day interview process into 1 day, which mostly consisted of a skills assessment, followed by a panel presentation and grilling of said skills assessment.

Flight arrangements were not at all convenient. 7am to 9:30pm, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Various types of difficult situations you've been in. Conflict resolution.   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

Behavioral interview, open ended questions