Aristocrat Technologies Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied online, received a call from an HR recruiter a few days later for a phone screen. She asked simple questions like "explain what you do in your current position" and "why are you interested in this job?" Got scheduled for an in-person interview a few days later. It was a 2:1 interview with the department manager and the controller. They were welcoming and made me feel comfortable. I didn't feel as nervous or intimidated as I did during interviews with other companies. It has now been over 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything, so I obviously didn't get the position. Tried calling the recruiter that originally contacted me and asked about the status of the position. She told me she didn't know but would find out and give me a call back later that day. I never received a call back. It would have been nice for them to at least send out a simple email saying "Thank you for your interest in our company. We have chosen to move forward with another candidate at this time." Common courtesy is key.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and what interests you about this position.
      How do you prioritize your work?
      What kind of management style do you prefer?   Answer Question

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then prepared a project and work samples. In person team interview. It was lengthy and a bit intimidating at first, but overall one of the best interview experiences I've had. The panel was very relaxed and more of a conversation. I felt like they really got to know me and I got to know them so if it wasn't going to be a good fit, I definitely would have known. It's not stressful really outside of the usual nerves from an interview. They were very accommodating and fantastic hosts. They offered refreshments and snacks and gave me plenty of time to prepare my presentation. It's was really a great experience.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn email by the hiring manager prior to applying for the position. I then had phone interviews by the hiring manager and a team member. From there I met for lunch with the hiring manager the following week. A week after that I had a series of formal interviews with managers in the office and completed some online skills tests. I received an offer about a week later, which I accepted. I started the position after background checks were completed on a date of my choosing.

Interview Questions

• What is the quality you liked best about your favorite last position.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process went Phone Call -> On site talking with software team -> whiteboard interview.

The team seemed very nice, but the whiteboard interview turned me off completely. I felt the questions asked focused too specifically on nuances of C++ rather than higher level questions. There was no reasoning or logic to the questions, they were just simple trick questions about the syntax and semantics of C++.

Tip: going into the interview, study the syntax and semantics of virtual functions / polymorphism /etc... mostly.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? (Then give example)   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

I was brought in by one of their recruiters. After explaining the pieces of the job description I didn't fit, I was given a phone interview with 3 hiring managers in a conference call with a terrible connection. I was asked about my experience with my current company and the items I listed on my resume. I walked them through all my experience over the last 10 years, hitting on everything I've done. There was one specific language listed in the job description as a "must have experience" bullet point. I was very open with the recruiter about what my experience entailed, and she assured me that was just fine. Ten minutes into the interview I was asked about that experience, and before I even finished explaining all of it I was told abruptly I wasn't qualified and they couldn't get off the phone fast enough. They didn't even bother to inquire about any of my other experience, nor did they give me a chance to ask more about the company and other roles.

Either the recruiter was completely clueless or the hiring managers were not clear with talent acquisition about the candidate they were looking for. The interview was a complete waste of time for both me and the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Angular?   2 Answers

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

standing training interview process, phone, face to face, then a T4T with the training team. Overall the process lacked professionalism and focus on the training needs of the team. The last step was an open question forum with other trainers, who were more out to trick the applicant since they were new to the company as well.

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Apart from HR group, where behavioral-based techniques were used, the proves was not very robust. The business leaders I interviewed with did not provide a realistic picture of the company. They were more interested in having a conversation than ensuring I was the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• HR asked for evidence of functional competency knowledge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

Had an HR phone screen, then a technical phone screen, then an on-site meeting with a few engineers and a few managers. There were a few general language questions about C++ and C#, some data structures and algorithms questions, and two design questions. It was similar to the type of interviews that you would expect in the software industry. They loosely follow the Microsoft template.

Interview Questions

• Q: Design a [insert type of game] game. Write the classes on the white board.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Working with a recruiter, I had a couple nice phone screens with senior management in Australia. In Las Vegas I met with another couple senior managers then a few one-on-one interviews with middle-managers.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and why?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

Job description was out of date and inaccurate. They want skills they don't ask for during the phone interview process. They crammed a 3 day interview process into 1 day, which mostly consisted of a skills assessment, followed by a panel presentation and grilling of said skills assessment.

Flight arrangements were not at all convenient. 7am to 9:30pm, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Various types of difficult situations you've been in. Conflict resolution.   1 Answer