Aristocrat Technologies Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process went Phone Call -> On site talking with software team -> whiteboard interview.

The team seemed very nice, but the whiteboard interview turned me off completely. I felt the questions asked focused too specifically on nuances of C++ rather than higher level questions. There was no reasoning or logic to the questions, they were just simple trick questions about the syntax and semantics of C++.

Tip: going into the interview, study the syntax and semantics of virtual functions / polymorphism /etc... mostly.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? (Then give example)   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

I was brought in by one of their recruiters. After explaining the pieces of the job description I didn't fit, I was given a phone interview with 3 hiring managers in a conference call with a terrible connection. I was asked about my experience with my current company and the items I listed on my resume. I walked them through all my experience over the last 10 years, hitting on everything I've done. There was one specific language listed in the job description as a "must have experience" bullet point. I was very open with the recruiter about what my experience entailed, and she assured me that was just fine. Ten minutes into the interview I was asked about that experience, and before I even finished explaining all of it I was told abruptly I wasn't qualified and they couldn't get off the phone fast enough. They didn't even bother to inquire about any of my other experience, nor did they give me a chance to ask more about the company and other roles.

Either the recruiter was completely clueless or the hiring managers were not clear with talent acquisition about the candidate they were looking for. The interview was a complete waste of time for both me and the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Angular?   1 Answer

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

standing training interview process, phone, face to face, then a T4T with the training team. Overall the process lacked professionalism and focus on the training needs of the team. The last step was an open question forum with other trainers, who were more out to trick the applicant since they were new to the company as well.

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Apart from HR group, where behavioral-based techniques were used, the proves was not very robust. The business leaders I interviewed with did not provide a realistic picture of the company. They were more interested in having a conversation than ensuring I was the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• HR asked for evidence of functional competency knowledge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

Had an HR phone screen, then a technical phone screen, then an on-site meeting with a few engineers and a few managers. There were a few general language questions about C++ and C#, some data structures and algorithms questions, and two design questions. It was similar to the type of interviews that you would expect in the software industry. They loosely follow the Microsoft template.

Interview Questions

• Q: Design a [insert type of game] game. Write the classes on the white board.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Working with a recruiter, I had a couple nice phone screens with senior management in Australia. In Las Vegas I met with another couple senior managers then a few one-on-one interviews with middle-managers.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and why?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

Job description was out of date and inaccurate. They want skills they don't ask for during the phone interview process. They crammed a 3 day interview process into 1 day, which mostly consisted of a skills assessment, followed by a panel presentation and grilling of said skills assessment.

Flight arrangements were not at all convenient. 7am to 9:30pm, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Various types of difficult situations you've been in. Conflict resolution.   1 Answer

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for HR telephone interview. It consisted of basic questions like salary requirements, skills, job requirements. Then I'd a telephonic with hiring manager. Questions were very simple. He asked me about my experience.A week later I went for an onsite interview. First interview was a panel interview consisting of 3 people. Questions were technical and mathematical. Most of them were related to C/C++ programming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary. Please consider whole offer before accepting.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

Behavioral interview, open ended questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aristocrat Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2007.

Interview

I was introduced by an agency representative and the introduction led to a phone interview. The phone interview led to a face to face interview with the hiring manger and a senior engineer which lasted about two hours. It was very detailed and they asked many detailed questions concerning my background. This led to another interview with the whole team. At this point I as offered and I had to go through a rather extensive background check and go through drug testing. I started about a month after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Several tough C++ and real time engineering questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for.