Arizona MENTOR Direct Support Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arizona MENTOR

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona MENTOR (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

You take a number and wait. They give you a series of ridiculously simple tests. Then they offer you a job contingent upon TB, physical, and First Aid certification. No real interview as such. The people at the main office are rude and unhelpful. They make it clear upfront that you need to be on top of required paperwork and that if you do not smoke, you probably won't fit in! What??

Overall it was a very strange experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with mentally ill people?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona MENTOR

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona MENTOR (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

first thing you do is to apply online or at the main office, they have walk in interviews Mon-Fri and they set you up with a Manager and they ask you a few simple questions such as do you have experience in the field or have ever worked with anyone with a disability, they go over the group homes they have open as well as the schedules they fit you then they set you up with training it is very simple to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience cooking   1 Answer

Direct Support Professional Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona MENTOR in December 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line on Indeed website. Called me right away for interview. Interviewed at a local group home in my area with 2 women who are part of the staff at the home. Interview took about 2 and 1/2 hours. The woman who said she would be there for the interview was from another town and was not in attendance. The ladies were very through in describing the job and provided a video to watch about the position. They were looking for someone with prior healthcare type experience, which I did not have, but they spent alot of time with me. In the end I was surprised to learn that this was a part-time job at 9.00 an hour with no benefits and wanting an on call availability 24/7. I thought it was a full time job with benefits and told them so. The job description and website implied it was a full time job with benefits, but in the fine print it said no all positions in all areas offer benefits. They were looking for someone to make a considerable commitment to the clients being served. If your going to take this Direct Support Professional job, you should be aware that it requires a high level of dedication and lots of rules. I would have taken the job if it had benefits and full time, even at 9.00 an hour. I told the ladies I was looking for full time. They did call me back and say they had hired a person with more experience, that was nice. I did not expect a call since I had told the ladies that I wanted full time woth benefits.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle dealing with a co-worker who was rushing a client and not doing their job properly?   1 Answer