Arizona Public Service Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona Public Service Company Interview Questions

3.1

Customer Project Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

1. Applied via APS career page
    2. Selected for aptitude testing - spatial, numerical and reading
    3. Passed aptitude test. Selected for panel interview. Interviewed by panel of 4 supervisors.

A little bit of legwork was involved in driving to the test location and later on the interview location but otherwise a well organized process. Interview was a few behavioral type questions and a few situational. There was a role play at the end to act out a hypothetical situation. Interview closed with a chance for the interviewee to ask questions.

All staff involved were very professional, courteous, and polite.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about how electricity is generated and distributed   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job   Answer Question
    • How would you speak up about something that was important to you in a meeting   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions occasional technical question related to the job this is a three person panel usually. Held in a standard conference room at corporate headquarter in downtown phoenix. usually hiring manager that was on the job posting that you have put in for online. Possibly an Human Resource Representative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not complete a job on time   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

Received an interview after attending the college career fair interview was a behavioral type interview, the expected answers to follow the star approach. Interviewers we very friendly and took notes during the interview. The process took about 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you had to change direction on a project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

ECC Transmission Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Had to pass SOPD test to get to interview. Uses STAR interview method. Tell stories of different scenarios and how you handled them. Basically, you will be answering behavioral questions and they want to see what the SITUATION/TASK was... the ACTION you took... and the RESULT of the action. It was a 4:1 panel interview - friendly group - didn't give much feedback on your answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not agree with someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

Phone and panel interview with department heads. Applied for the position online by submitting a resume and was contacted within a week for an in-person interview. Upon arriving, I was interviewed by a panel of department heads (3 people).

Interview Questions

• Followed the STAR method of interviewing. Give an example of one situation that did not go as planned and how did you handle?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in May 2016.

Interview

Basic customer service interview in front a of panel. It was pretty obvious one of the interviewers did not want to be there as they kept looking at their watch and checking their phone.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a problem with a fellow employee and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Multi-part interview. First phone then group then one-on-one. For the group interview, it was situational type questions that can be hard to prepare for but take your time and maybe do some research before hand of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The overall interview process at APS was a One-on-One interview with 3 leaders asking behavioral questions. There were a few BA questions with a few questions on where do you see yourself in 5 years. What are you passion about with regards to your career.

Legacy Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Las Cruces, NM) in February 2016.

Interview

I was told to prepare a presentation about anything I wanted, I ended up presenting some research I had done over the summer. The presentation took about fifteen minutes, and the remainder of the time was interview questions based on the STAR method. It was a very laid back interview and we corresponded more like a conversation than a direct question and answer. I have a second interview coming up in a couple of weeks, so I will report back then!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where something went wrong to delay a project. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

AO Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonopah, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Tonopah, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Excellent. It involved upper management. It just goes to show how much they care about who they hire. Be prepared for constant observation. If you show up late, you are done! That happened to one guy who interviewed with me.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you demonstrate you want the job for the right reasons. Don't choose APS because of shallow reasons.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Salary, benefits, etc are all commensurate with experience.