Arizona Public Service Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona Public Service Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2018

3.1

Contract Worker Interview

Interview

Two people from APS asked me questions and graded them on a prepared document they both used. They hired me through a staffing company so they could work me overtime without additional $ and not get in trouble.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. What was unexpected was to find out the reason they hired me as a contractor was because no employees would work the hours needed to meet the deadline that APS management wanted.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

three total interviews: initial screening, leadership competencies and then a panel interview about strategic, leadership and vision. The total process took about two weeks to complete the interview process and then it took another one week for the back ground and such to be completed. With in one month of the beginning of the process did I start working at Arizona Public Services

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Began with open "Tell me about yourself" question, then moved on into other resume-based questions. Also asked general behavioral questions. Give answers that lay out a situation, describe the problem and result, and show how you grew, learned, succeeded. Interviewees look for you to tie in your values to answers, values that ideally align with the company's (i.e. safety being one).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

After meeting a recruiter at a career fair. A next day interview was scheduled which included giving a presentation. The recruiter was very friendly and asked behavioral based questions. They were common interview questions that would normally be asked. Overall the interview process was very positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied in December, hired by mid April, orientation by mid-may. The interview was a three person panel interview. The tone was conversational to get you to open up. The questions were basic interview questions. I brought writing and work samples, was completely honest, and confident. I rehearsed for the interview a couple of times before showing up. call back was immediate once I sat for the interview. Communication leading up to the interview was extensive, including phone and email communications with the recruiter. Positions are very competitive...only 1/8 of the applicants were hired for positions. Post interview hiring process included extensive background/reference check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with failure, tough situation with others at work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward, pay was based on student status and was the same across the board.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in March 2012.

Interview

Took a long time from initial application sent in/contact for initial phone interview (December) to a panel interview (March) to finally getting an offer to start in May. Panel interview was slightly intimidating, but ended up working out. This is with former talent acquisition manager; this person has recently left the company.

Interview Questions

• When you had to tell someone "no" in a workplace situation, what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

Phone and panel interview with department heads. Applied for the position online by submitting a resume and was contacted within a week for an in-person interview. Upon arriving, I was interviewed by a panel of department heads (3 people).

Interview Questions

• Followed the STAR method of interviewing. Give an example of one situation that did not go as planned and how did you handle?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in ASU, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (ASU, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Talked to the representatives of the APS group at ASU's career fair. I had one interview at the college services, all behavior questions. Second round interview was a 3 person panel, all behavioral questions. Tell me about a time...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with a group member.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotion.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview is with a minimum of 3 people. They are usually manager and Department Leads. The questions are mostly HR questions and are situational in nature. At the end they may ask a few technical questions. Each set of questions has a category. Your answer should be in the STAR format. What was the situation or challenge, what was the task or what had to be achieved, what was the action you took, and what was the result. After the interview they should get back to you in a week. If not you did not get the job. They will not call you if you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is really no negotiation that you can do. HR is really bad at that. Salary sticks.

IT Systems Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

Submitted my resume through my college's career site and got a phone call from the recruiting lady saying they are interest in talk to me. Submitted the rest of my paper works and the first part is to talk with the hiring manager. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Typical question for a level 1 job nothing too difficult.   Answer Question