Arizona Public Service Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona Public Service Company Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2018

3.1

Senior Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

Panel Interview. Me and three interviewers. HR does round one over the phone. Round 2 was conducted by the hiring manager and two other individuals. Round 3 was lunch with the hiring managers boss. Very Pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you had to work under pressure with very little information or direction.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Began with open "Tell me about yourself" question, then moved on into other resume-based questions. Also asked general behavioral questions. Give answers that lay out a situation, describe the problem and result, and show how you grew, learned, succeeded. Interviewees look for you to tie in your values to answers, values that ideally align with the company's (i.e. safety being one).

Legacy Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Recruiters came to my college job fair, interviewed on the spot with a presentation and behavioral questionnaire. Then they flew me out to Arizona for a on site talk with directors and heads along with current employees to find out more about the job/experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a team member fails and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Tempe, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

I did a brief phone interview that involved discussing prior work history and how it qualified for the position. Was then invited to an in person interview with a 3 person panel on campus. The panel included the current HR intern, Recruiter, and Manager. They asked STAR format questions.

Customer Project Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

1. Applied via APS career page
    2. Selected for aptitude testing - spatial, numerical and reading
    3. Passed aptitude test. Selected for panel interview. Interviewed by panel of 4 supervisors.

A little bit of legwork was involved in driving to the test location and later on the interview location but otherwise a well organized process. Interview was a few behavioral type questions and a few situational. There was a role play at the end to act out a hypothetical situation. Interview closed with a chance for the interviewee to ask questions.

All staff involved were very professional, courteous, and polite.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about how electricity is generated and distributed   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job   Answer Question
    • How would you speak up about something that was important to you in a meeting   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions occasional technical question related to the job this is a three person panel usually. Held in a standard conference room at corporate headquarter in downtown phoenix. usually hiring manager that was on the job posting that you have put in for online. Possibly an Human Resource Representative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not complete a job on time   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

Received an interview after attending the college career fair interview was a behavioral type interview, the expected answers to follow the star approach. Interviewers we very friendly and took notes during the interview. The process took about 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you had to change direction on a project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

ECC Transmission Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Had to pass SOPD test to get to interview. Uses STAR interview method. Tell stories of different scenarios and how you handled them. Basically, you will be answering behavioral questions and they want to see what the SITUATION/TASK was... the ACTION you took... and the RESULT of the action. It was a 4:1 panel interview - friendly group - didn't give much feedback on your answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not agree with someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company.

Interview

Phone and panel interview with department heads. Applied for the position online by submitting a resume and was contacted within a week for an in-person interview. Upon arriving, I was interviewed by a panel of department heads (3 people).

Interview Questions

• Followed the STAR method of interviewing. Give an example of one situation that did not go as planned and how did you handle?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona Public Service Company in May 2016.

Interview

Basic customer service interview in front a of panel. It was pretty obvious one of the interviewers did not want to be there as they kept looking at their watch and checking their phone.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a problem with a fellow employee and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question