Arizona State University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

One phone contact to set up interview. Two in-person interviews. One phone discussion to accept offer/negotiate salary. The interview process was quite simple really. I only had to interview with one person for the first interview, and for the second I spoke directly to the manager/supervisor who I would be working directly with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell them what I knew about [very difficult] research area that the office worked in. My job would ultimately have very little (if anything at all) to do with that research subject.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested a higher rate of pay to compensate for increase in costs related to employment, such as parking and higher insurance costs (than my previous position.)

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona State University

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

2 interview process. Phone call, followed by in-person interview. 2 weeks later you will receive an offer. After you accept an offer you will have to attend an all-day orientation on the Tempe campus. Orientations will be twice a month, typically on Mondays. They will discuss benefits packages, this process will take a very, very, long time.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous experience?
      What was your skills?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How does your skill set apply to this job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

All applicants must apply online. Keywords in your resume (that match the posting) are what will flag your application for consideration to HR. The interview will consist of 10 questions that each interviewer will rotate asking and taking notes of your answers. They are panel interviews with anywhere from 2 to 4 people sitting in. After an initial interview a second interview with the Director 1:1 was required.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you had to handle multiple priorities simultaneously. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They seriously low balled salary offer. Was only able to bring it up slightly.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in November 2008.

Interview

Very poor interview: Negative line of questioning and vague description of job duties and department function.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult employees, customers, situations etc. Too many of these questions. I went away thinking this office was dysfunctional and it was!!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was offered I accepted. Do not work for this department!!!!!