Arizona State University Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

2.5

182 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Undergraduate Research Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

1. I asked a professor if I could work for him. 2. I worked on a volunteer basis while my suitability was assessed and I was trained. 3. The professor had the job posted and had me apply for it.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA? How well do you actually know your field?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview stretched across three days and included a reception just for me, attended by students and faculty, hosted by a faculty member at her home. The department chair heavily hinted that I'd be hearing from him with a job offer in the near future.

Interview Questions

• What about ASU attracts you as an applicant?   1 Answer

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job online through the ASU external application website. It looked like processing couple weeks, and I got the phone notice to go with the 45 min. interview in-person at ASU SSV building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have dealt with the problem?   Answer Question

Recitation Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

It was mostly based on my previous experiences, since I was a TA for a course like this before, they just made sure that I knew the material, and was aware of my role and the rules

Interview Questions

• The classes that I have had and my grade in them   1 Answer

Web Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process seemed very rushed with conflicting responses. They scheduled a short phone interview, followed by an interview next day and a response a few days later which seemed to contradict the hiring process based on the response provided during the interview. The process felt very staged. I personally found it highly unprofessional.

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process was professional and very straight forward. It lasted about 30 minutes to 1 hour. They had an initial phone interview then a secondary 1:1 face interview and finally an interview with the entire team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in this lab?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Skype interview based on some recommendation from a faculty from a different university to the interviewer who was a faculty at ASU. The professor wanted to make sure I have a deep understanding of the research I am doing and capable of doing research

Interview Questions

• Explain what your research paper was about. Plus more technical questions   1 Answer

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Three interviewers during the process. They are very nice and did not throw out many challenging and confusing questions. Almost all of the questions are behavior questions. It took about 20 minutes.

Program Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Design Thinking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Process: 20 minute phone interview (4 people on the call, very rushed), and 2 hour in-person interview w/ a challenge and presentation to the 4 person review team

Result: After personally emailing me to set up the interviews, the hiring manager was unresponsive to follow-up emails after the second interview. Two weeks after interviewing, I received an automated do-not-reply email letting me know I would not be moving forward. Disappointing follow-up after a time intensive interview process.

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted me with an interview invitation around three weeks after close. Interview lasted approximately 30 mins.

Fairly relaxed interview in which I was asked around 7-9 behavioral questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a problem at work.   Answer Question