Arizona State University Interview Questions in Arizona | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.5

Program Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Design Thinking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Process: 20 minute phone interview (4 people on the call, very rushed), and 2 hour in-person interview w/ a challenge and presentation to the 4 person review team

Result: After personally emailing me to set up the interviews, the hiring manager was unresponsive to follow-up emails after the second interview. Two weeks after interviewing, I received an automated do-not-reply email letting me know I would not be moving forward. Disappointing follow-up after a time intensive interview process.

Police Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

There is a 1.5 mile running/walking test, a multiple choice test based on video scenarios and a panel interview. There is also a background check, drug test and polygraph test.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

She was very friendly, she was talking about herself and her research most of the time. I displayed a level of familiarity with the concepts she was talking about and the research being done in her facility which smoothed the process. The interview was very brief, about 30 to 40 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• What is a biomarker?
      What do you know about statistics?
      What programming platforms are you comfortable with?
      What are your research interests?
      Answer Question

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical interview with the management team. The only difference was after that we had a forum with 5 students involved in leadership roles throughout the college. I thought this was a unique but fun feature as working with students made it a bit more relaxing. Also it allowed me to get to know some of the students I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What type of innovation would you bring to this position?   1 Answer

Student Worker IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, in which I was asked behavioral questions. This was followed by a technical interview in which I had to conceptually put together an application for streaming data from sensors to a dashboard.

Interview Questions

• How would you capture real-time information like decibel levels, temperature etc. from sensors and display them on a dashboard.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, received an email one week later to schedule a phone interview which took place a few days later. Phone interview was a panel interview where I struggled to hear over their speaker phone. All participants were polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Panel phone interview.

What are the challenges faces by a Business Analyst and what strengths do you have to meet those challenges.

What do you like best about the Agile method.

What is the difference between a functional and non functional requirement and give examples.

...

Mostly generic technical questions continued.

Ended interview early as I felt this position was not what I was looking for.
      Answer Question

Creative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

After working in an open agency environment, the complete lack of personality and warmth from the individuals who made up the group interview was distracting, one individual spent a chunk of the interview reading emails on his phone. Every interaction was scripted and the smiles in the room were quick to disappear. There were some additional questions, but only to clarify statements made. Had high hopes for this one, but sadly this is not what I would consider to be a friendly and creative environment.

Interview Questions

• Round-robin format, mainly questions pertaining directly to the skills needed for the position, i.e. 'Explain how you would x', 'What do you consider success?'   Answer Question

Facilities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Took 3 weeks. Applied online and got a mail to setup interview after 2 weeks. Very basic questions in Interview with a couple of behavioral questions. Will test the student's ability to work hard. Interviewer's were very friendly

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked general questions about the position and asked to explain the previous projects I have worked on. Friendly interview and I received the offer in a week and joining was the next week.

Director of Auxiliary Business Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an initial interview with a recruiter. I had to complete three essay questions to make it through the gate to get an interview with the hiring manager at ASU. The hiring manager was a VP at ASU. She had her asst. call, at the very last minute, to postponed my 1st interview. We rescheduled and then she was 15 minutes for a 30 minute call. It was very obvious to me that this VP had already decided who she wanted in the position and was just quickly going through the exercise of speaking to candidates from the recruiter - so that all would seem "fair".

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 positive adjectives and 3 negative adjectives that your customers would use to describe you -- and 3 positive adjectives and 3 negative adjectives that your current boss would use to describe you.   Answer Question