Arizona State University Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Assistant Professor Interview Questions

Interviews at Arizona State University

2.8

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

It is a typical hiring process in academia. You are invited for a talk followed by one-to-one meetings with senior faculties and a tour of some facilities and labs. You need to talk about your background, research interest, what research direction you want to take in the next few years and how you plan to obtain funding to support your research.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona State University

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a two-step process. First was a phone interview with head of the department and some key faculties. Second interview was at the university and it was a day long which included 1.5 hour of presentation. I talked about my background and prior research work as well as my goals and vision about future research.

Interview Questions

• what is your plan for research for next five years at university? (the tenure period is five years and therefore you need to have a clear vision of on what areas you want to focus your research on.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

Typical academic interview process - teaching and research presentations to graduate students and faculty and then panel interviews with hiring committee that sometimes includes out of department member(s). Some programs invite students to participate. Meetings with college leaders (assist / assoc dean). Be clear if you want to meet with specific program or center staff or faculty, realtor, etc. Interview process is 1.5 days. Very full during that time. Office hours by job candidates are silly and almost never used by anyone to come meet a candidate so don't be disappointed.

Interview Questions

• How will you help with the vision of the New American University?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation happened at the close of the interview in the second job I had; first job it was working through drafts of offer letter.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Very efficient and welcoming. Casual and professional. It was nice to meet most of staffs and faculty. It was an all day process but totally do-able. It's a marathon of a day but be prepared to answer tricky questions and don't lose your calm.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview stretched across three days and included a reception just for me, attended by students and faculty, hosted by a faculty member at her home. The department chair heavily hinted that I'd be hearing from him with a job offer in the near future.

Interview Questions

• What about ASU attracts you as an applicant?   1 Answer